Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag/@mention implementation

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Tag/@mention implementation

The Moderators with the agreement of the Admins of the of the forum have decided to roll out the Tag/@Mention functionality to a select group of forum members at the rank of Senior contributor or higher. 

What this feature does as most forum members are aware that have been around long enough or have been on other forums is allow someone to mention someone or tag someone and that person will get an email kinda like if some kudos a said person type of email that you were mentioned in a thread.  This feature comes in handy certainly at the Moderator and CL levels, but we are giving it a chance with a bigger scope of the forum initially with a select few members of senior rank that have been around for awhile and have shown to be active and responsible in the community. 

To use this you simply do an @ in front of someones names and type their name in and that is it.  So for an example I would do an @CreditCuriosity and I would get an email sent to me I was mentioned in this thread.  It is that simple although mobile has a few little differences such as auto fill I believe doesn't work if I am not mistaken where-as the desktop version does.   Although someone that uses a mobile can confirm this is true or not as I am always on a Laptop.

If you have any questions, please feel to reach out to a member of the Moderator team.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Beta Tag/@mention implementation

I’m excited for this beta rollout! For those that have it enabled, please feel free to draw my attention when needed. If the notifications to email get to be too much for some members, you can always set your myFICO kudo and mention notifications to a daily digest in your user settings.
Message 2 of 56
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think having it for level of Super and above for now is good. Those folks definitely earn that perk because they have been around long enough, and have participated extensively to use that perk. I like it!
Message 3 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont care what rank you choose so long as its at least down to mine >____>

Then id really feel the value, like a supersize it

Like, im pretty sure this rank requires at LEAST a year and over 1000 contribution posts (not things in smorg)

Message 4 of 56
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I hope this trickles down. The mobile site is so broken. Can't quote people and when there's a whole bunch of quoting going on in a thread, you end up with a single column of letters for 300 swipes.

Message 5 of 56
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner thank you for bringing the nested quotes issue back to top of mind; I have reached out to the admins to see if there is any progress on this front.  As for quoting on mobile, it is possible using the desktop version of the website.  For iOS, hold down the Refresh icon in the upper right and choose Request Desktop Site.  For Android, it's somewhere in the three dots menu which I understand about as well as the three seashells in Demolition Man.

Message 6 of 56
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Not sure if I’m ranked high enough yet (I’ll see momentarily when this posts) but that would be cool feature to be able to do! If you expand your beta testing to lower ranks, I would love to join it! 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 7 of 56
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner thank you for bringing the nested quotes issue back to top of mind; I have reached out to the admins to see if there is any progress on this front.  As for quoting on mobile, it is possible using the desktop version of the website.  For iOS, hold down the Refresh icon in the upper right and choose Request Desktop Site.  For Android, it's somewhere in the three dots menu which I understand about as well as the three seashells in Demolition Man.

Where's my kudos? I'm trying to generate revenue for the site and become super contributor.

Message 8 of 56
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

+1

On Android it's easy-peasy... in Chrome, click the 'three dots' in the upper-right corner, then check the box for 'Desktop site":

AndroidDesktop.png

After changing to the desktop site it can also sometimes be helpful if you hold the phone/tablet in the landscape (sideways) position. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 56
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Well yay! 000scoregood.gif

And BOO at the same time dang it.. It's still; Once upon a time, in a land far far away for me.. 

Oh well... It's still nice to see the addition. I can be happy for others.. AAATrampoline.gif

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.