cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover App?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

2nd Discover App?

So after a year with my Discover with SL $2000, got denied CLI a few weeks after card has been opened for a year. Logged back in a few weeks later, and saw they "automatically" gave me a CLI to $5700 around April 2019. This was my first CC and still the highest CC limit I have.

Past 3 months I have apped for CSP (approved for $5200) and 4 retail cards. I have been gardening since my last approval 3 weeks ago. 

But I wanted to try to increase more limit and got denied CLI for Discover. Something about having little experience with limit???

Been reading and wondering if I have a chance for a second Discover as I have read 2nd card gets higher limits.

Currently have:

TU: 6 INQ (3 removed next year) // 680 score

EQ: 5 INQ (4 removed next year) // 673 score

Also wanted to add, score is not updated. waiting for two cards to be updated to $0 balance and 1 card removed (from being AU); showing ~28% utilization but again, not updated.

Anyone tell me if it is worth the pull? Check pre-qual and nothing popped up, probably all the recent accounts and the balances that have not been updated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd Discover App?

Just keep in mind, Sometimes you dont always get a higher SL.

My 1st card is at $23K+ My Second card Disco it was approved some months back @ $8200 SL.

Every profile is different, thus your 2nd card can be in kind of a wide range depending on what Disco is comfortable with

as far as Max. internal limits with them.

Message 2 of 5
Senior Contributor

I'd wait it out until it pops up on the pre-qual. I waited it out and I think it was 14 months until it popped for me. Disco's pre-qual is pretty solid. No one has ever really figured out Disco's behavior. My first card was 1200 second 5000 I believe. Second card got higher CLI's than first. I do know fisrt card was 20 something % APR second one has the 13.4% APR. Could go either way once your approved. Once it does hit. You can change the first iT to a Chrome as I did.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 3 of 5
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Though prequals arent needed, i would wait til you see one on Disco. This will give you better chance and time for your new accounts to age.
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 4 of 5
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Though prequals arent needed, i would wait til you see one on Disco. This will give you better chance and time for your new accounts to age.

+1

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.