Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover App?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Discover App?

So after a year with my Discover with SL $2000, got denied CLI a few weeks after card has been opened for a year. Logged back in a few weeks later, and saw they "automatically" gave me a CLI to $5700 around April 2019. This was my first CC and still the highest CC limit I have.

Past 3 months I have apped for CSP (approved for $5200) and 4 retail cards. I have been gardening since my last approval 3 weeks ago. 

But I wanted to try to increase more limit and got denied CLI for Discover. Something about having little experience with limit???

Been reading and wondering if I have a chance for a second Discover as I have read 2nd card gets higher limits.

Currently have:

TU: 6 INQ (3 removed next year) // 680 score

EQ: 5 INQ (4 removed next year) // 673 score

Also wanted to add, score is not updated. waiting for two cards to be updated to $0 balance and 1 card removed (from being AU); showing ~28% utilization but again, not updated.

Anyone tell me if it is worth the pull? Check pre-qual and nothing popped up, probably all the recent accounts and the balances that have not been updated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2nd Discover App?

Just keep in mind, Sometimes you dont always get a higher SL.

My 1st card is at $23K+ My Second card Disco it was approved some months back @ $8200 SL.

Every profile is different, thus your 2nd card can be in kind of a wide range depending on what Disco is comfortable with

as far as Max. internal limits with them.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd wait it out until it pops up on the pre-qual. I waited it out and I think it was 14 months until it popped for me. Disco's pre-qual is pretty solid. No one has ever really figured out Disco's behavior. My first card was 1200 second 5000 I believe. Second card got higher CLI's than first. I do know fisrt card was 20 something % APR second one has the 13.4% APR. Could go either way once your approved. Once it does hit. You can change the first iT to a Chrome as I did.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Though prequals arent needed, i would wait til you see one on Disco. This will give you better chance and time for your new accounts to age.
Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Though prequals arent needed, i would wait til you see one on Disco. This will give you better chance and time for your new accounts to age.

+1

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will grow. Sometimes slow. Back then I don’t get CLI for 7 months. I tried every single month. Just be patient. I dont think you need app for 2nd Disco card. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.