So after a year with my Discover with SL $2000, got denied CLI a few weeks after card has been opened for a year. Logged back in a few weeks later, and saw they "automatically" gave me a CLI to $5700 around April 2019. This was my first CC and still the highest CC limit I have.
Past 3 months I have apped for CSP (approved for $5200) and 4 retail cards. I have been gardening since my last approval 3 weeks ago.
But I wanted to try to increase more limit and got denied CLI for Discover. Something about having little experience with limit???
Been reading and wondering if I have a chance for a second Discover as I have read 2nd card gets higher limits.
TU: 6 INQ (3 removed next year) // 680 score
EQ: 5 INQ (4 removed next year) // 673 score
Also wanted to add, score is not updated. waiting for two cards to be updated to $0 balance and 1 card removed (from being AU); showing ~28% utilization but again, not updated.
Anyone tell me if it is worth the pull? Check pre-qual and nothing popped up, probably all the recent accounts and the balances that have not been updated.
Just keep in mind, Sometimes you dont always get a higher SL.
My 1st card is at $23K+ My Second card Disco it was approved some months back @ $8200 SL.
Every profile is different, thus your 2nd card can be in kind of a wide range depending on what Disco is comfortable with
as far as Max. internal limits with them.
I'd wait it out until it pops up on the pre-qual. I waited it out and I think it was 14 months until it popped for me. Disco's pre-qual is pretty solid. No one has ever really figured out Disco's behavior. My first card was 1200 second 5000 I believe. Second card got higher CLI's than first. I do know fisrt card was 20 something % APR second one has the 13.4% APR. Could go either way once your approved. Once it does hit. You can change the first iT to a Chrome as I did.
Though prequals arent needed, i would wait til you see one on Disco. This will give you better chance and time for your new accounts to age.