Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

710 score enough for Quicksilver?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

710 score enough for Quicksilver?

I mean the real quicksilver not the quicksilver one.( im pre qualified for the one and the platinum but not for the "normal quicksilver".)

1 credit card only, 16months old. BOA cash rewards 6000 limit

3 HP in the last 12 months.

no badies

utilization under 9%

fico score transunion 710

90k income

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 710 score enough for Quicksilver?

Yes!    I got a Quick Silver One card with a credit score in the low 600's so with your scores you should'nt have a issue

Message 2 of 22
Zander900
Valued Member

you should be good to go with your score

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you’re not prequalified for it, I wouldn’t app for it. Three HPs is a lot to throw away when you can pick up the AMEX Cash Magnet or the PayPal Cashback for one HP and they both grow fast while Capital One can be stuck for a long time.
Message 4 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You can get a platinum and product change it to a Quicksilver in 3-4 months, which is what I did. My wife chose to PC to the Venture One.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean the real quicksilver not the quicksilver one.( im pre qualified for the one and the platinum but not for the "normal quicksilver".)

1 credit card only, 16months old. BOA cash rewards 6000 limit

3 HP in the last 12 months.

no badies

utilization under 9%

fico score transunion 710

90k income

I believe 710 is a good enough score for the regular (no annual fee) Quicksilver. However, Cap 1 will do a HP on all three credit bureaus. What are your scores and inquiries looking like on those as well? 

Also, as someone mentioned for better rewards you may consider taking a look at the Paypal 2% Mastercard by Synchrony bank. This trumps the 1.5% on the Quicksilver and Synch is a TU puller and 710 is a good score for them. 

Message 6 of 22
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I got $10k QS before I hit 700.

Check prequal for VENTURE.

If prequaled for Venture (not Venture one) you should get a nice SL on QS.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 22
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would be kind of surprised if you didn’t get it. You may not get a great SL, though. But if you really want and can use the card, go ahead. It might grow for you. 

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 22
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Did you choose your credit rating as excellent versus average? That sometimes changes what you pre-qual for.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you’re not prequalified for it, I wouldn’t app for it. Three HPs is a lot to throw away when you can pick up the AMEX Cash Magnet or the PayPal Cashback for one HP and they both grow fast while Capital One can be stuck for a long time.

Very sound advice @Saeren Didnt realize I could could do PC with Cap1 early on, but started on Plat than QS1 and now Venture One....took 4 years and stuck at $4500 CL. To me having a Venture with a $95 AF is not worth it, after having the Venture One. So many other cards out there and this advice from @Saeren that could help you grow your credit profile better. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.