Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE arrived - BT submitted!

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

AMEX BCE arrived - BT submitted!

That was fast. The card & cardmember agreement was sent from Omaha, NE. I think they sent it out Thursday or Friday.  I thought the card was white - it's transparent.

Anyway, if I do the CLI request now, does that mean I won't be able to do another one in 61 days from approval date?  What if I'm denied?  Will I still have to wait 181 days from approval for the next CLI request?

Lastly, I just transferred my furniture credit card balance to my AMEX (submitted, actually), to avoid 1200+ in deferred interest.  Not only that, but it may get PIF before this month's statement date. Can't wait to see what this week's CK refresh looks like.

EDIT: Dognabbit

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

EDIT #2: I used the forum search tool. This is my first Amex product, and the "account is too new" may be the reason it will get denied.  I'll try again on the 61st day. From now on I'll use the search tool before I create posts like this. 

3B profile optimization in progress...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE arrived - BT submitted!

Usually it's 91 days from the denial of a CLI request or 181 days if it's approved. Some people have had luck trying it again at 61 days when the reason it was denied is because it hasn't been 60 days since account opening, but many people have had to wait 91 days from the denial regardless (I was one who had to wait 91 days to try again).

Message 2 of 4
myscore1
New Contributor

I was one of those that got a 3X CLI upon activation for the BCP ($10k to $ 30k) a few days ago. Others have gotten a denial but with a letter stating to apply at the 61 days, NOT 91 days. Take into counts all these data points.

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myscore1 wrote:

I was one of those that got a 3X CLI upon activation for the BCP ($10k to $ 30k) a few days ago. Others have gotten a denial but with a letter stating to apply at the 61 days, NOT 91 days. Take into counts all these data points.

I didn't know about the 3x CLI once got card. I called in yesterday and asked about a CLI and the rep told me to wait till after 61 days which is another 5-6 days. So after the 61 days do I ask for a 3X CLI? I charged maybe a total of 5500 on BCE and 4500 on BCP. If I ask for 3X CLI and they give it to me would be really awesome

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.