Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
Yankee85
Established Member

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

I have the Platinum Delta AMEX and I was about to request a CLI but noticed the button under Account Services is no longer there. I also called AMEX to see if it was a website issue but they confirmed no issues on their end, and couldn't provide any further details as to why the button is missing. The last time I recall seeing the button was last month. Anyone else ever experience this?

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

Not really. It is still there for me. You could reload your page or clear the cache before reloading it again. There is a number you can call for CLI.

Toll-Free 800-576-8942 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-midnight ET, and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m ET

That's the number a rep gave me. Actually she supposed to give me a different number for a different service but she gave the number above instead.

Message 2 of 185
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So, I believe it's there but the way I had to get to it was a work around. Pretty sure this is a website issue because the link that is usually there is not but it is for the old version of their website which I saved. Here is a direct link to it; make sure you have the card you want or change it. I have it in my Gold card as default and it originally said I wasn't eligible til I changed it to BCE when testing it. This is all on mobile so no clue how it differs from website on desktop

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

Screenshot_20211102-152415_Chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 185
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Mine is missing too. 

I'm not currently eligible for a CLI. In the past, that fact didn't matter. The button was always present. Perhaps they've changed that. Dunno. 

Message 4 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, funny. My default card is the gold charged card so when I clicked the link it gave me

Unavailable for Your Account

Your card account is ineligible for a Preset Spending Limit request.

Message 5 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Mine is missing too. 

I'm not currently eligible for a CLI. In the past, that fact didn't matter. The button was always present. Perhaps they've changed that. Dunno. 

I guess, there is something must be going on since my last attempt for cli which was denied again (oops). They could be in the process of updating the website, .... maybe.

Update: You guys are right. It is missing. Credit Limit Increase link is gone.

Another update: @simplynoir  is correct. If you set your default card to a regular card and click the link it should link you to the CLI page. I couldn't see option because I recently just made a request for Credit Limit reallocation reversal and before that CLI.

We're Sorry

You are not able to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently submitted a request. Please try again at a later date.

The error message above means, the link @simplynoir posted works.

Message 6 of 185
Yankee85
Established Member

This actually worked! I can see it now! Thanks @simplynoir 

Message 7 of 185
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Yankee85 wrote:

This actually worked! I can see it now! Thanks @simplynoir 

You're welcome!

@Anonymous, when you said you saw the link was it on a desktop? I'm not currently home to test that

Message 8 of 185
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can also go up to the "Magnifying Glass" in the corner...respresenting "Search" and type in Request Credit Limit Increase...

Message 9 of 185
alex255

It was definitiely missing for me too.  Tried other browsers/computers too.  Strange indeed.  The link from @simplynoir did the trick perfectly.  Always love those hidden links.

Message 10 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.