Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

Thanks all for the heads-up and the URL to dig out the feature! (missing for me also)

I tried the search as @cashorcharge mentioned but the results mainly were informational, with exception of one result that offered a link to the "Account Services" --> "Payment & Credit Options" area of the website. (which lacks the CLI link)

Maybe they're adding some sort of code to show/hide the request link based on account?  ..However it seems unlikely that all confirming the absence of the CLI feature are not eligible.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 11 of 185
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Well I keep trying for a CLI and getting denied. Anyway, my button went away recently too. I tried the link above and I got the same message saying that I was not eligible to submit a request because I recently submitted one. I definitely think they are doing this on purpose for some accounts. They're probably tired of me asking, but I'm tired of them telling me no, LOL.

Message 12 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Well I keep trying for a CLI and getting denied. Anyway, my button went away recently too. I tried the link above and I got the same message saying that I was not eligible to submit a request because I recently submitted one. I definitely think they are doing this on purpose for some accounts. They're probably tired of me asking, but I'm tired of them telling me no, LOL.

Typically, if denied for credit-related reasons, you'd need to wait at least 90 days before trying again even if the link were still present. I'd heed the reasons they provide until those factors are no longer as prevalent.

Message 13 of 185
practical1
Regular Contributor

@simplynoir 

You're the best!

Had same problem.  Used your link -- which took me to my Gold Card and wouln't allow the CL.  Clicked on my Bonvoy Brilliant Business card icon, the page came up.  Requested 3 X CLI (It's been >61 days since opening and >181 since last CLI) and Voila.....  IT WORKED!!!!!

Thank you, thank you.  Made my day!

Message 14 of 185
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@practical1 wrote:

@simplynoir 

You're the best!

Had same problem.  Used your link -- which took me to my Gold Card and wouln't allow the CL.  Clicked on my Bonvoy Brilliant Business card icon, the page came up.  Requested 3 X CLI (It's been >61 days since opening and >181 since last CLI) and Voila.....  IT WORKED!!!!!

Thank you, thank you.  Made my day!

Happy to help

Message 15 of 185
UpperWeb
Established Member

I noticed it missing this week. So I checked my girfriends and my friends Ax card on all different sites. Absoulutly no where to be found.S/B under card mangement. Some CC rep from another world told me thier aware of it, who knows ??

Message 16 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked, $2.000 increase... Thank you!

Message 17 of 185
CWESTL
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link!!! My Lowes AMEX Business card has sat at a $1500 SL since I opened the card. I also didn't have a "request a credit limit increase" link when logging into the website. Using the link provided I was able to increase my CL by $3000 to a new credit limit of $4500. 

Chapter 7 Discharge Aug 2013 (Removed 2022 & 2023)
Jan 2024 EQ FICO 8 840
Jan 2024 TU FICO 8 779
Jan 2024 EX FICO 8 788
Jan 2024 EQ FICO 9 824 AMEX Cash Magnet $26K; AMEX Platinum NPSL, POT $27.5K; Cap One QS World MC $11k; Cap One Venture Sign VS $30k; Chase Sapphire Pref $18K; Citi Simplicity $7K; NFCU AMEX Rwds $28k; NFCU VS Sign Cash Rwds $24.1k; NFCU Plat VS $19k; Wells Fargo Reflect $25K; Mercury (previously Barclay Rwds MC) $5750k; Lowes $35k; Neiman Marcus $44k; Discover It $11.5k; Discover It $19.5K; Venmo Visa Sign $20K; Barclaycard (AU) $25.5K; Discover (AU) $19.5k New Mortgage Jan 2016 & Nonreaffirmed Mortgage Refinance Nov 2020; HELOC @ 2.75% Apr 2022; New Auto July 2017; NFCU LOC $20K
GOAL 820 FICOs on ALL 3 CRs by JANUARY 2025.
AMEX Lowes Business $25K
AMEX Business LOC $25K
Chase Ink Business Unlimited $26.5K; US Bank Business Platinum $10K
Message 18 of 185
BlackOpzFX
Valued Member

Think they're updating. It vanished a couple days ago but you can get to it by... (CL is an option. Same Form)

account services/payment & credit options/Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

Message 19 of 185
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

So, I believe it's there but the way I had to get to it was a work around. Pretty sure this is a website issue because the link that is usually there is not but it is for the old version of their website which I saved. Here is a direct link to it; make sure you have the card you want or change it. I have it in my Gold card as default and it originally said I wasn't eligible til I changed it to BCE when testing it. This is all on mobile so no clue how it differs from website on desktop

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

Screenshot_20211102-152415_Chrome.jpg

@simplynoir  Bookmarked just in case, thanks!  So I clicked it and it gave me the preset limit option even though I had a charge card set to default.  At first I was like "why on earth would I want to do that?" and then I was like "$2.5 billion seems adequate."  Think they'd request another 4506-C?  Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.