AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

So, I believe it's there but the way I had to get to it was a work around. Pretty sure this is a website issue because the link that is usually there is not but it is for the old version of their website which I saved. Here is a direct link to it; make sure you have the card you want or change it. I have it in my Gold card as default and it originally said I wasn't eligible til I changed it to BCE when testing it. This is all on mobile so no clue how it differs from website on desktop

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

Screenshot_20211102-152415_Chrome.jpg

@simplynoir  Bookmarked just in case, thanks!  So I clicked it and it gave me the preset limit option even though I had a charge card set to default.  At first I was like "why on earth would I want to do that?" and then I was like "$2.5 billion seems adequate."  Think they'd request another 4506-C?  Smiley Frustrated

Well, colored me surpised this is the first time I've seen this come up. The Gold card is my default and it wouldn't let me do anything it came back with a "no cookies for you because you have an NPSL charge card, stupid" page. Maybe for more established accounts, might just be luck of draw perhaps or even an error? I honestly think some people would welcome this if we knew for sure it wouldn't come back to bite them. Charge cards are too much of a guessing game for some people otherwise and they'd rather deal with a known number than something abstract we can't see

And yeah I think they would ask for a 4506-C. Might have to put up that 50k in BTC you have as collateral to make it happen though....

Message 21 of 185
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It's likely a well-established history with Amex thing.  I'm in the "I know Amex will let me charge more than I could reasonably pay back" camp so it's kind of moot to have a PSL since I never worry about them approving charges, but agree that for many it would be nice to take the guessing game out.

Message 22 of 185
cmoe
Valued Member

I just stumbled upon this; It's missing for me too. I was due for a CLI on the 18th. After searching for the button for about an hour, I initiated a chat and got the CLI link through an automated message in the chat. Still, I was declined the CLI for the reason that “your recent spending on the card has been too low in relation to your current credit limit.” I spend like $2500 a month on that card. 

I also got on the phone with their tech support team. They opened a case and said it would take up to 2 weeks to get back to me on the issue. I think the missing button is intentional. They have been trying to get me to upgrade to BCP for $75 cashback for months now, but I'm waiting to see if they would offer $150. I also have offers for the Platinum for 125k MRP and Gold for 75k, but those AF's are not for me. Perhaps, I’ll bite the bullet and upgrade to BCP for $95 AF and see what happens to the button and limit.

Message 23 of 185
BlackOpzFX
Valued Member

Think they're updating. It vanished a couple days ago but you can get to it by... (CL is an option. Same Form)

account services/payment & credit options/Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

Message 24 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Yankee85 wrote:

This actually worked! I can see it now! Thanks @simplynoir 

You're welcome!

@Anonymous, when you said you saw the link was it on a desktop? I'm not currently home to test that

I thought I replied to you but I guess it didn't post and it is already moot anyway. Hey, thank you again for the method and link. The question is, is Amex being spooked for people asking for CLI? 

Message 25 of 185
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Yankee85 wrote:

This actually worked! I can see it now! Thanks @simplynoir 

You're welcome!

@Anonymous, when you said you saw the link was it on a desktop? I'm not currently home to test that

I thought I replied to you but I guess it didn't post and it is already moot anyway. Hey, thank you again for the method and link. The question is, is Amex being spooked for people asking for CLI? 

I don't think so. You can still reach the link it just takes more effort since it is not where it is supposed to be right now if one didn't have a direct link available

Message 26 of 185
jojo79
Regular Contributor

At least now when you do eventually get to the right page, they tell you right away if your even eligible to request based on elapsed time since last CLI

We're Sorry

You are not able to request another Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently had your Credit Limit increased. Please try again at a later date.

Before (at least for me) it was like a guesssing game as to whether I was asking at the right time, and would have to wait for the letter in the mail lol 

Message 27 of 185
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir Thank you for posting that link! Today was CLI day, and I was about to just chalk it up to certain links disappearing from their website from time to time, to which they generally reappear on their own. Just requested another 11k on my BBC taking it from $9,000-->$20,000 and was instantly approved. (I know, should have gone for the 27, but I didn't want to be greedy because 9 was already sufficient.) AMEX is nuts, or they must just like me for some reason. I now have $55k exposure with them on an income of $65k lol. Thanks again for the tip! Smiley Happy 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 28 of 185
JNA1
Valued Contributor

AMEX Luv Button Gone?

We logged in to my My Mom's account today to request her next 6 months CLI on her BCE and the luv button was nowhere to be found. I checked my account and DW's and they were missing too. Anybody seen this before? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 29 of 185
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

AMEX CLI Request button ... GONE !

Has anyone checked TODAY to see if the CLI button is there, if so did it move ?

Thanks in advance.

Message 30 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.