Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
h2oeng
Contributor

Re: Amex credit limit increase button

CLI link   https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/account/login?DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fglobal.americanexpress.co...

Still works, used it this morning on my BCP card for the x3 increase.  

Message 111 of 185
aloegape

Re: Time for another Amex CLI but there is no Luv Button

BCE, SL $2k

61 days, "You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us."

Seems like they changed it to somewhere around the 100 day mark for your first CLI, without updating public FAQ.

Apple Card: $15.25k | Chase Freedom Student: $2.3k | AmEx BCE: $2k | Discover IT: $1.5k | Citi Double Cash: $700 | US Bank Altitude Go: $500
Message 112 of 185
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

Button was there last week , at least for my Amazon biz card.

Message 113 of 185
lupes

@aloegape wrote:

Seems like they changed it to somewhere around the 100 day mark for your first CLI, without updating public FAQ.

Had about the same thing, although a little different since I called in. Amex reps also don't seem to know exactly what their policies are. When I called about the button not showing, the rep on the phone told me I could only request a CLI after 6 months. Later stumbled upon this thread and used the direct link and got instant approval for the 3x luv at 4 months in (Delta Gold card).

FICO8: EX 756 / TU 765
CC (old to new): BofA Travel Rewards $2,200 / Amex Delta Gold $3,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,400 / Apple Card $10,00 / Amex Morgan Stanley Platinum NPSL / Amex Hilton Surpass $15,000 / Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless $18,000
Message 114 of 185
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

I was wondering about that missing CLI button for awhile, so this thread was a lifesaver! My last CLI was in August 2021 and effectively doubled my limit from $4800 to $8000. Used the secret CLI link from this thread and doubled my limit again to $16,000. Still won't dare the 3x increase, but $16k is exactly where I want my limits these days. Thanks to the myFico forums braintrust!

Message 115 of 185
Raisondetre
Contributor

"You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us."

It's been a few days past 61. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. 🤷‍♀️

Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 116 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Raisondetre wrote:

"You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us."

It's been a few days past 61. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry to hear. Seems they very well maybe be transitioning out of the 61 day 3x CLI and maybe it's now 91 days at the earliest.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 117 of 185
frenzied

AmEx BCP CLI option not available on website

As the title says, when I go to card management under account settings, there is no CLI option. Not sure why, as every other place I check for how to apply for a CLI suggest going through that portal.

Message 118 of 185
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: AmEx BCP CLI option not available on website

Their is a seperate link around here to take you to the CLI page.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 119 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AmEx BCP CLI option not available on website

@frenzied - please reference posts/discussion upthread.

Message 120 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.