cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
Thanos316

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

this absolutely helped! Thank you for that link.

Tripled my credit limit. 

Opened the Delta Plat back in April 

Message 171 of 185
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Since i was denied earlier this month due to my internal score with them, when i try again in 3 months should i ask for 3X or 2X ? I know if they're not comfortable with 3X they might counter offer.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 172 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Since i was denied earlier this month due to my internal score with them, when i try again in 3 months should i ask for 3X or 2X ? I know if they're not comfortable with 3X they might counter offer.

Internal score? Are you maybe confusing Navy with Amex? Amex doesn't have an internal score. At least not any public-facing one/one they ever disclose. Anyway still try for the 3x, they will counter if you don't qualify for the full amount, yes.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 173 of 185
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

...another grateful user of the CLI link, @simplynoir !

I hit  >60 days and was digging all over for it, but came away empty and frustrated. Five minutes after finding the link in this thread, boom—3x CLI (first card was max SCL, second card a little less, third card issued had a LOW SCLI, so did the 3x CLI to bump the lowball up to be a little more respectable). Smiley Happy

Follow-up question (digging through the 3x CLI thread now): One CLI per person, not per card every 6 months, correct? So I can't take my card with $15K CL and request a bump to $25K now, given I just received a CLI on another AmEx card today?

Message 174 of 185
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Fletcher2 wrote:

Follow-up question (digging through the 3x CLI thread now): One CLI per person, not per card every 6 months, correct? So I can't take my card with $15K CL and request a bump to $25K now, given I just received a CLI on another AmEx card today?

As far as I know, yes it's per person.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 175 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Fletcher2 wrote:

...another grateful user of the CLI link, @simplynoir !

I hit  >60 days and was digging all over for it, but came away empty and frustrated. Five minutes after finding the link in this thread, boom—3x CLI (first card was max SCL, second card a little less, third card issued had a LOW SCLI, so did the 3x CLI to bump the lowball up to be a little more respectable). Smiley Happy

Correct. One CLI per cardholder every 6 months. 

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 176 of 185
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Coming up here on 91 days since account was opened. Just so happens the 91st day is my birthday, lol. And no it was not planned. Question though. I will be just shy of 3 statements. I know that matters at Navy. Just not sure if it applies to Amex.

Message 177 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

Coming up here on 91 days since account was opened. Just so happens the 91st day is my birthday, lol. And no it was not planned. Question though. I will be just shy of 3 statements. I know that matters at Navy. Just not sure if it applies to Amex.

Don't think so. Just days.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 178 of 185
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

If I were to test and ask again, would it reset the 91 day clock ? I'm curious because even though I was denied a month ago, the CLI link is available also its visible on the main page.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 179 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

If I were to test and ask again, would it reset the 91 day clock ? I'm curious because even though I was denied a month ago, the CLI link is available also its visible on the main page.

Have you actually clicked on it though? Because AFAIK, it shouldn't even let you TRY to ask (whether the link is showing or not) if it hasn't been at least 91 days since denial. In other words, the link may be there, but if you were to click it, my guess is that you'd be presented with the page saying "your account isn't eligible for an increase at this time." Or something to that effect. 

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 180 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.