Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI- Requested to call in

tag
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

AMEX CLI- Requested to call in

I recently requested my AMEX EDP cli from 26k to 50K. I submitted the request and about 2 minutes later got recieved and email stating:
"We've finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

American Express Customer Care"

I would assume for a denial this is too much trouble. Does anyone know what this means? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX CLI- Requested to call in

99% denial although certainly can call to make sure i am not giving you inaccurate info.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity is correct; this is almost certainly a denial.

As an alternative you can log in to Amex's Line of Credit Status Check website and you will be able to view the decision without having to call.  The PCN requested by the website is the same as the Reference Number on the e-mail that should have been automatically generated when you submitted the CLI request.

Message 3 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity is correct; this is almost certainly a denial.

As an alternative you can log in to Amex's Line of Credit Status Check website and you will be able to view the decision without having to call.  The PCN requested by the website is the same as the Reference Number on the e-mail that should have been automatically generated when you submitted the CLI request.

The reference number said finalized and it was unaccessible from the site. I will call this evening. After doing some reading about others following the 3X method and reaching numbers like this I would assume it is a denial or they want to see my tax returns. 

Message 4 of 13
cumminsdieselfreak
Valued Member

What did they tell you? I got the exact same thing on my 61 day 3x cli request.
Message 5 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

I tried calling this morning. However, their hours are M-F 9-9MST. So, I will update next week.

Message 6 of 13
cumminsdieselfreak
Valued Member

The automated lady made it sound like you had to wait 90 days but online chat lady said it’s 60 days. Automated lady said there is no CLI request on the account that I requested it on.
Message 7 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

I just got the same response.
“There is no credit limit increase on record for the card in the last 90 days.”

I will call again during the week. I did not try the online chat option.

Message 8 of 13
cumminsdieselfreak
Valued Member

I got a CLI on on another Amex card in Jan ‘19 so therefore I was denied because I didn’t wait 180 days. Good luck on yours.
Message 9 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

I did too. So I guess I know what the answer will be now. Thanks 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.