Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Score Requirement ?

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Score Requirement ?

@RealEstateGuy89.  Dude, right?   I think it was last year I was literally chewing on which Amex was eligible and when and it was driving me crazy...  first world problem yes, but confusing as all getout. 

Message 11 of 15
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

I also "think" that Amex increases are once every 181 days on all accounts,  not 181 days on each account, so you'll have to select which one you wish to increase every 6 months. That's what drives me crazy with them, however it's worked out swell so far.

Negative. It's 181 on each card not on all cards combined.  However if you have had a 181 CLI on one of your other AmEx cards then it will be 91 days past that day on other AmEx cards even if their 181 as hit since. 

See my 181 Day 3X CLI Approval Post from this morning for those DP's and it's the 2nd time I've done it so I know it's not a fluke.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Another-AmEx-3X-CLI/td-p/6622649

Message 12 of 15
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Beside FICO scoring and AmEx internal, they also consider salary and why it's a part of the CLI questions. So if your income isn't high enough in their eyes based on outstanding CL's from them and all other creditors that will come into play as well. Seems I remember you mentioning early on that your income is around $50K. If thats the case that may prove to be an issue with getting bigger CL's with AX. Good Luck

Message 13 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@805orbust wrote:

I also "think" that Amex increases are once every 181 days on all accounts,  not 181 days on each account, so you'll have to select which one you wish to increase every 6 months. That's what drives me crazy with them, however it's worked out swell so far.

Negative. It's 181 on each card not on all cards combined.  However if you have had a 181 CLI on one of your other AmEx cards then it will be 91 days past that day on other AmEx cards even if their 181 as hit since. 

See my 181 Day 3X CLI Approval Post from this morning for those DP's and it's the 2nd time I've done it so I know it's not a fluke.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Another-AmEx-3X-CLI/td-p/6622649

I don't know if you could go so far as to say it's a new rule yet. It's a great DP for sure, but the only one I've seen of such an occurrence thus far.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 15
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

My last denial time frame window ends next week on the 13th, my Amex Charles Schwab Investor card is eligible and its been open for 7 months now. I was denied last request because of my score at the time, although im still not quite in the "Good" range yet. However they have approved me for 4 cards since May, technically beating the odds of having to need a "Good" score 670-700+. Now that my card is over the 180 days should i have a solid chance of getting a CLI approved even though my Amex score is still under 670 ?

You have nothing to lose since it's a SP - but a CLI has to be 90 days out from a last denial

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.