Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - Display CLI Link Workaround

tag
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

AMEX - Display CLI Link Workaround

Like many others, the CLI link has been missing for me on the AMEX site. I’m aware of the direct link URL to the CLI page, which is great. I inadvertently saw how to temporarily display the CLI link back under Account Services.

This is what worked for me. Click Check Spending Power (no need to type in anything) and then immediately click Account Services at the top. The Request Credit Limit Increase link should now be visible on the page. If it goes away you can force the link to show again by clicking Check Spending Power and then click Account Services.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
difringe
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX - Display CLI Link Workaround

This worked for me! Thanks! Wish they'd fix their site though

Message 2 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@difringe wrote:

This worked for me! Thanks! Wish they'd fix their site though

Thanks, I'm glad it also worked for you! Me too, but in the meantime doing it this way is better than chasing down the direct AMEX CLI link, haha. This is like a "workaround glitch" to make the initial glitch less inconvenient. 

Message 3 of 23
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

It worked, this is 100 grand. I won't forget this cheat code. What is it again? Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right......

Message 4 of 23
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

Like many others, the CLI link has been missing for me on the AMEX site. I’m aware of the direct link URL to the CLI page, which is great. I inadvertently saw how to temporarily display the CLI link back under Account Services.

This is what worked for me. Click Account Services at the top which brings you to Account Services home. Here is where many of us don't see a CLI link. On this same page click Check Spending Power (no need to type in anything) and then immediately click Account Services at the top again. The Request Credit Limit Increase link should now be visible on the page. It might go away after clicking on additional site links. To force the link to show again you always have to click Check Spending Power first, and then click Account Services again.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

For me, the CLI link hung around even after navigating around a bit, then eventually went away.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 5 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

For me, the CLI link hung around even after navigating around a bit, then eventually went away.

Yes, I experienced the same as well. But it's nice to know you can always get it back whenever needed by clicking Check Spending Power and then click Account Management again. 

Message 6 of 23
DONZI
Established Contributor

..almost Déjà vu from a bit ago.

Smoke em if you got em. No telling how long this will work. I've offered them tons of legal docu typos and linkage issues unrelated to the CLI thing.. Still see a few from last year broken. Reminds me of MS Windows. lol

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 7 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

This is what worked for me. Click Account Services at the top which brings you to Account Services home. Here is where many of us don't see a CLI link. On this same page click Check Spending Power (no need to type in anything) and then immediately click Account Services at the top again. The Request Credit Limit Increase link should now be visible on the page. It might go away after clicking on additional site links. To force the link to show again you always have to click Check Spending Power first, and then click Account Services again.

Wow. It worked for me!

Too bad I don't need a credit limit increase.

How on earth did you ever figure that out?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 23
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your help as the CLI link never showed up for me since I opened my card last August.

Message 9 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Wow. It worked for me!

Too bad I don't need a credit limit increase.

How on earth did you ever figure that out?

It was by sheer chance. I have 2 AMEX business charge cards (Plum and Platinum) and I frequently check spending power on them before making big purchases.

My AMEX login defaults to show my BCP card first. Last night I wanted to check spending power on a business card but inadvertently did so while under the BCP card. Then I noticed the CLI link suddenly appeared again. Clicking the check spending power link always triggers the CLI link to appear.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.