Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX application SP or HP Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX application SP or HP Data Points

Hello fellow members,

After reading so many posts about HP or SP when it comes to AMEX applications! Most of them mentioned if approved it would be a HP and if declined it would be SP. 

To contradict that I had this happened in my case;

Initially when I was not aware of Amex 6 months min credit history I app'd and was declined and it resulted in HP on TU and EQ (notified via credit karma)

fast forwarding to 6.5/7 months later, today I was approved for Amex and had no inquiry/inquiries reflecting yet on the report.

So I am not sure if my case is an anomaly or umm they would report the HP after few days. 

Ps: will surely update this thread if I see a new inquiry from them in coming days/weeks/months.      

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX application SP or HP Data Points

It is a HP when you initially apply with AMEX. Once you become a member and apply for either a CLI or another card it is a SP.

You will get a HP since this is your initial card with them, it will show up.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

It is a HP when you initially apply with AMEX. Once you become a member and apply for either a CLI or another card it is a SP.

You will get a HP since this is your initial card with them, it will show up.

Yeah that's what even I feel. but it was funny when I initially app'd 6 months back it was instant HP today it wasn't that is why I was being optimistic to some extent. Anyhow, let us see.    

Message 3 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

There is always some level of risk that applying for a new AMEX card will generate an HP.   I am batting 8-for-8 with AMEX apps, with 3 HP, all on EX.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 10
jgdev
Regular Contributor

I think with the SP for a second or more card that only applies if you are logged into your account. I was not logged in when I accepted a prequal offer for the PRG and I got a second HP less than a month after the first one.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 5 of 10
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I recently applied about two weeks ago for the Everyday card.

I used incognito mode in a private browser to get the Amex ED 25K MR offer. It was not a hard pull and I was not logged in to my Amex account.

3rd Amex card within a year.

755 on Experian. Prequalified for the ED card when logged in.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 10
awg420
Regular Contributor

I was just approved for a 2nd card with no HP so far reported

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been exactly one month I still don't see Amex HP in the CR (no notifications via CK or any other monitoring sites). However, CL of Amex also is not reported. Maybe tomorrow I will see both as it is my closing date. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex BCE reported one week after my second statement cut which was in line with what I had read in the forums.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex for the majority pulls EX. So if you did not get HP'd for it, then you definitely lucked out. It takes two statements before it reports to all 3 CRA's. You might still see that HP once it reports along with the new account AAoA factored in

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.