cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX application denied. No hard hit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX application denied. No hard hit?

@Anonymous wrote:

Might depend on her income. I remember a few months back I applied for a Cap 1 Venture and was instant declined. I was sure I would get triple pulled and that would be a wasted attempt. But when I called in that day to see why I was denied they stated it was due to insufficient income and didn't even pull a report...

Interesting, mind sharing income for a data point? Or at least was it under 50k?

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah sure it was 13k. I'm a college kid so don't laugh too much haha.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

no one laughs at income.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

still waiting on the letter, she did get a HP from EX, checked credit.com

Cant be her income, she does have a hefty student loan from law school days, maybe that plays a role?

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be utilization. I was denied this Sept with over utilization at 5% and only 2 cards with balances. One at ~50% and the other at ~ 70% and fico8 core was 705. Then late last month had 3% uti with two showing and one at ~25% and the other at ~50% and score jumped to 739 and they approved.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, ck isn't any sort of accurate barometer on credit inquiries, you'd have better luck calling experian directly.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

lol, ck isn't any sort of accurate barometer on credit inquiries, you'd have better luck calling experian directly.

CK is perfectly accurate for the two CRA's it provides.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CK is perfectly accurate for the two CRA's it provides.

If you say so pal.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

it shows my credit inquiries accurately....
Message 19 of 21
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied as well and I got hit for TU and EQ. Maybe because my history is fairly new. She isn't an existing member.

Anyplace I can check experian report without paying?

If DW was denied based on EX information, then you have a right to request a free copy of the CR.   Go to the EX website to get this.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.