Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX application error message?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX application error message?

No clue personally but can't be too hard to find out. And I THINK(and hope) amex still only sp you if you are already a cardholder, and judging by the log out in your screen shot, you are. Haven't heard anything about that changing
Message 11 of 13
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No clue personally but can't be too hard to find out. And I THINK(and hope) amex still only sp you if you are already a cardholder, and judging by the log out in your screen shot, you are. Haven't heard anything about that changing

It's definitely a YMMV scenario.  I've applied once since I became a cardholder and it was a HP decline.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured I'd update my thread as this application has not yet quite died on the vine. I originally got a soft pull denial the day after I applied. I called and asked for recon so the decision changed from "declined" to "in progress" on the app status page. I checked my EX report today and saw they did a hard pull sometime this morning. Anybody have experience with AMEX overturning a denial? Just wondering if the hard pull may lead to a positive outcome. I'm sure my EX score is still borderline for them at 668 but I thought I'd give it a shot before gardening a couple of years because that grocery cash back would be awesome for my growing family.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.