Did you mean: 

AMEX denied CLI

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX denied CLI

@CreditInspired wrote:
Hi @jnbmom

I’m trying to figure out their rationale. So, a few questions.

Is the 2% UT aggregate?  The card with the BT has 15K limit, 2K BT 

Are there any instances where other cards report a balance even though you PIF but because it may report erratically, it doesn’t report as a $0 balance.  There are a few that may report 20-40 but it is very rare, I also have about 20+ cards

And, are you making small monthly payments on the BT even though it’s 0% APR? We make around 200 payments

I’m just brainstorming because their reasoning seems really silly. I agree very very silly

But honestly I did include them in BK in 2005, and honestly think I/we are bucketed with them, I know that's usually a Crap one term, but I suspect they are doing the same.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's definitely that BT account.  Perhaps they saw the balance stagnant for too long, something that historically doesn't sit well with Amex.

I still thinks it's very odd, the new BT just hit last month and 2K out of 15K is really nothing. I think they pull this crap out of their ......

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read above that you burned them in the past.  I'd say that is probably an even bigger factor than the balance carrying.

Message 13 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just read above that you burned them in the past.  I'd say that is probably an even bigger factor than the balance carrying.

Yup I know we are bucketed, i know everyone's miliage varies as others have gotten rather large lines, but it is what it is lol. I don't ever blame any lender that has been burned, they gave me a shot again and it's run it's courseSmiley Happy No harm no foul , just wish they would give real reason and not bogus mumbo jumboSmiley LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

FWIW, I was bucketed for a couple of years on my BCP... the key for me was usage.

I admit it was annoying at first, especially since so many of my other cards had given me much more generous credit lines, but I decided to not be concerned with "growing" my BCP and to simply use it for the rewards, and it worked.

I know it's hard to be patient when you read of all the CLIs other are getting (trust me, I know first-hand), but if you have a negative past history with Amex (as I do as well) it can take a while for them to come around.  In the mean time, use the card for the rewards and enjoy the other perks it may provide. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I feel somewhat the same way. Got a BCE from them with same limit that has not moved. I am also giving that a year. However, try the business cards. I just got the Marriot card and Delta gold business cards in the same day both with $5000 limits. No HP was done at all. Might be worth it to try that route. But as always YMMV.

Message 16 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

FWIW, I was bucketed for a couple of years on my BCP... the key for me was usage.

I admit it was annoying at first, especially since so many of my other cards had given me much more generous credit lines, but I decided to not be concerned with "growing" my BCP and to simply use it for the rewards, and it worked.

I know it's hard to be patient when you read of all the CLIs other are getting (trust me, I know first-hand), but if you have a negative past history with Amex (as I do as well) it can take a while for them to come around.  In the mean time, use the card for the rewards and enjoy the other perks it may provide. Smiley Wink

Thanks @UncleB you always bring me back to sanity lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@hawkins wrote:

I feel somewhat the same way. Got a BCE from them with same limit that has not moved. I am also giving that a year. However, try the business cards. I just got the Marriot card and Delta gold business cards in the same day both with $5000 limits. No HP was done at all. Might be worth it to try that route. But as always YMMV.

Thanks but I don't have a business. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.