Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX recon

tag
earena
Contributor

AMEX recon

I applied for an AMEX everyday blue cash because I was prequalified. Denied because of my FICO score and reson was a recent judgement and my credit usage was too high. Well I swear the next day, the tax lein I was remvoed from my account and as of now my credit usage is reporting less than 1%. Should I call for a recon or wait a couple months for everything to catch up and apply again? My EX was a 642 when I app'd, I bet it's higher now after the changes.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX recon

Well you have nothing to lose by trying as long as you realize it may still be a denial. Nothing ventured nothing gained right. You may want to check your score to see if has been updated instead of assuming it has, if not wait until it updates. Once everything updates just apply again if you don't mind another HP and you will more than likely get approved.
Message 2 of 14
earena
Contributor

Where is the best place to get the latest updated score? I belong to experian, but don't have an update for a couple weeks.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid or unpaid judgement?

Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just be aware that Amex will HP you again for a recon and the only way they'll approve is if something was wrong on your CR's 

So there's a chance even tho the baddie is now gone they will still see it from the first pull 

Then again maybe not it's the chance you take 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
earena
Contributor

Well I called the number. I don't mind one more HP on my experian because the cards I want to apply for soon are known to pull EX or TU. I explained that the recent tax lien was removed and that since the application my credit utilization has also gone down to 2% from 30%.. She said it can take 3-5 days so I guess I will see. Id this normal for them to make you wait?

Message 6 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@earena wrote:

Well I called the number. I don't mind one more HP on my experian because the cards I want to apply for soon are known to pull EX or TU. I explained that the recent tax lien was removed and that since the application my credit utilization has also gone down to 2% from 30%.. She said it can take 3-5 days so I guess I will see. Id this normal for them to make you wait?

Yes its normal 

Your app will be manually reviewed thus the new HP will occur 

Good luck

Edit ....Did you let the new UTL update?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 14
earena
Contributor

Yes I did let them report. I got the notice a few days ago that it had been updated. This was the main reason I waited this long to recon instead of doing it right away.

Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@earena wrote:

Yes I did let them report. I got the notice a few days ago that it had been updated. This was the main reason I waited this long to recon instead of doing it right away.

Good job and good luck 

Let us know 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 14
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Your siuation is similar to mine. I applied and was declined (1st hard pull) due to a judgement on my report. It was due to fall off soon but had not yet. I requested an early exclusion from the credit bureau and it was removed the same day. I called Amex back and was requested to fax in the letter that included an updated copy of my credit report. At the same time, I placed one in the mail. The next day I was alerted to a second hard pull. I figured that was from the info I faxed in. I called in and was informed that I was again declined. I received their decline letter and it contained incorrect info. The judgement was not referenced this time. Instead it stated I'd had a foreclosure and I never have. I gave up because odds were I'd get another hard pull. About 3 weeks later I received an email from American Express stating that they had received my info (the letter/report I mailed which was the same letter/report I'd faxed). That was followed 5 minutes later by a third hard pull and an approval email.

It's a good thing I really love my Delta AMEX. That third pull was a killer. Smiley Happy

More than enough credit.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.