Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta American Express Platinum

Two things stand out from the limited info you present: 

1. Your signature indicates you have an AMEX Optima, which usually means you defaulted with AMEX in some way in the past. Yes?  If so, I'd expect them to be a little slow to warm up. 

2. Your EX score (which is what they pull) is lower than your other scores. Also, at barely over 700, I'd guess it still has some derogatory marks on it?

Message 21 of 27
HarleyMan2014
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Your signature indicates you have an AMEX Optima, which usually means you defaulted with AMEX in some way in the past. Yes?  If so, I'd expect them to be a little slow to warm up. 

2. Your EX score (which is what they pull) is lower than your other scores. Also, at barely over 700, I'd guess it still has some derogatory marks on it?

No derogs are showing on my credit report, you are right about the optima card though. I had Amex Zinc, and I didn't default, my credit scores dipped, and I got a letter saying due to a review of my scores they were cancelling the card. I paid the balance satisfactorily, and received the optima offer shortly after. This was about 10 years ago. 

FICO 8 Jan 2022
TCL 45.6k
Message 22 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarleyMan2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No derogs are showing on my credit report, you are right about the optima card though. I had Amex Zinc, and I didn't default, my credit scores dipped, and I got a letter saying due to a review of my scores they were cancelling the card. I paid the balance satisfactorily, and received the optima offer shortly after. This was about 10 years ago. 

Do you know why your EX score is considerably lower than the others then?

Message 24 of 27
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Platinum Approval🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 25 of 27
HarleyMan2014
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@HarleyMan2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know why your EX score is considerably lower than the others then?

I have no idea, I've compared all three (I pay for Experian credit monitoring service). Only thing Experian recommends is paying down my student loans....Experian has always lagged. It just jumped over 700 (barely) when I paid off my PayPal Credit Sync Bank. 

FICO 8 Jan 2022
TCL 45.6k
Message 26 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has provided an update and indicated they've been approved, this thread is now locked to new messages.

Congrats on the approval, OP.  An item to keep in mind, the reason for the SL you were assigned was likely based on previous history with AmEx and what they felt comfortable to extend at this point in time.

For reference, feel free to read up on this thread for potential CLI opportunities:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811...

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.