Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD CLI request

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

AOD CLI request

I decided to message them today to inquire about an increase on my card. I was told that I would have to submit an entire application again. What a pain. Maybe in time, it will be an easier process. Hope this helps anyone that was considering the 6-month increase. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

15 REPLIES 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: AOD CLI request

Thanks for posting this.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 16
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Thanks for posting this.

happy to help!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 16
Marmot
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the DP !

Message 4 of 16
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

From what I've read around here, they want a year before considering a CLI.

I've also read that requesting a CLI is essentially putting everything through the underwriting process again, so requesting earlier may end up wasting a HP if they do the pull before realizing the account age. (Remember most everything at AOD is handled by humans.)

Message 5 of 16
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I've also read that requesting a CLI is essentially putting everything through the underwriting process again, so requesting earlier may end up wasting a HP if they do the pull before realizing the account age. (Remember most everything at AOD is handled by humans.)

I believe you are 100% correct @ChargedUp 

I love AOD, but that's one caveat about them (well 2): their CLI requests have to be a HP and there is no auto CLI either. Smiley Sad

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 16
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Can anyone confirm this DP for one year before CLI? I had contacted AOD and they said I could apply anytime for a CLI, but I wanted to wait at least 6 months. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 7 of 16
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@SPChaser wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Can anyone confirm this DP for one year before CLI? I had contacted AOD and they said I could apply anytime for a CLI, but I wanted to wait at least 6 months. 

While I can't say 1 year is a sure thing, I'm confident in saying it's strongly recommended. My experience detailed hereBack when we stampeded the joint, a rep told me they would like to see a year of positive relationship building before a request is made...That is, however, just my personal experience.

You can go back to the old Anniston Tidal Wave thread to check on a couple of CLI DP's that are in there which may have been done under a year. 

Message 8 of 16
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly Thanks for the feedback and links; I'll be sure to check them out. One of my goals before the end of the year is to apply for a CLI, and I am hoping that my activity account for the last six months would be in my favor, especially since my profile has improved since May. I've made large purchases, sometimes nearing the max CL, and have only carried a balance once when I forgot about the due date. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 9 of 16
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Just hitting 6 months today myself and was poking around looking for how to request a CLI (they only gave me 5k initially). The hard pull I'm ok with (Equifax... not like I have anything else that uses it), having to do everything again sounds like a pain. Was there a link you could click on to initiate the process, or is requesting a CLI only startable via a direct message conversation?

If it's really the entire process from scratch, will definitely wait the full year, especially since I haven't used it heavily given the other cards that have entered my line-up.

SD - Biz -
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.