cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD FCU 3% card - 2 questions (new card # issue, credit limit increase)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AOD FCU 3% card - 2 questions (new card # issue, credit limit increase)

Morning all,

We've happily been using the AOD FCU 3% "unicorn" since May of 2020 thanks to this awesome forum.

This morning I noticed I got a text alert about a denied charge in a foreign country.  It appears that someone has our card number, but may not have the CCV or correct expiration date.

Normally I'd just call and get a new credit card # issued - but I am concerned since this card is no longer offered if AOD will keep me on this 3% CB program.  I am going to call this morning - just wondering if anyone's had to get a new # issued since the card "went away".

Secondly - if I request a credit limit increase, is there a chance I'd be put into a different program?  Credit score 833+, no new cards since this one in 2020, 0 debt.

Shawn

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AOD FCU 3% card - 2 questions (new card # issue, credit limit increase)

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have had No fraud on mine.

Call AODFCU and ask?,

all the questions??   ...being a current 3%'er you should be fine.

Please update this thread when you can, as others may have similar issues or question's.

Thanks

Message 2 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning all,

We've happily been using the AOD FCU 3% "unicorn" since May of 2020 thanks to this awesome forum.

This morning I noticed I got a text alert about a denied charge in a foreign country.  It appears that someone has our card number, but may not have the CCV or correct expiration date.

Normally I'd just call and get a new credit card # issued - but I am concerned since this card is no longer offered if AOD will keep me on this 3% CB program.  I am going to call this morning - just wondering if anyone's had to get a new # issued since the card "went away".

Secondly - if I request a credit limit increase, is there a chance I'd be put into a different program?  Credit score 833+, no new cards since this one in 2020, 0 debt.

Shawn

I think (but am not certain) that you won't get "denied" messages if the CVV or exp date were wrong, those are merely not processed further.

But as to the rest, I really doubt that you would be kicked out of the 3% club for getting a replacement card, it's not a real new account, similarly for a CLI.   Sure, you can call and ask, but doubt if you would get a meaningful answer you could rely on!

Message 3 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Obviously I'm not AOD and can't speak for them, but I just don't see why you'd get removed from the program over a replacement card due to fraud. Ditto for a CLI request. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 18
Otto77
New Contributor

For question 1, I went through a fraud/decline replacement in July and got a new 3% Signature number replacement no problem.

I don't know the answer to the CLI question though. I would think you would stay on the 3% Signature but I don't have firsthand experience.

Side note: I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but the card looks a little different to me. The AOD and Visa logos have a shiny foil look to them. I think my old card had flat white logos but I couldn't compare side by side since I destroyed my old card before getting the replacement.

Message 5 of 18
unsungivy
Established Contributor

As far as I know, I'm the only one that has apped for a CLI since the card was closed to new applicants. I was denied, due to too many "new" accounts (12 months as far as I could tell), but it didn't affect my card being 3% etc.

SD - Biz -
Message 6 of 18
gregorius
New Contributor

@Otto77 wrote:

Side note: I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not, but the card looks a little different to me. The AOD and Visa logos have a shiny foil look to them. I think my old card had flat white logos but I couldn't compare side by side since I destroyed my old card before getting the replacement.

You're not imagining it - they've definitely replaced some white with foil. I noticed the same early in the summer when I got a replacement card (shortly after they closed it to new applicants), which led me to think think the card was going to make a return.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate all the responses; will update when I get time to call.  Thanks everyone!

Message 8 of 18
nosup4u
Contributor

I too have had a fraudelent charge on my aod visa card got a replacement and everything stayed the same but my card is about 15 months old 

Message 9 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Otto77  I would get a replacement card as soon as possible.   If your card information is on the dark web I would not take any chances. It may prove costly $$$.   I would also change your password to your AOD account as a precaution.  I  would also consider change other credit card account passwords was well. If you can set up card alerts on the account with AOD so that if they are sucessfull you will know it sooneer than later.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.