Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: Want to app for another Chase CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice: Want to app for another Chase CC

Hello, needing some advice. I apped for Chase IHg last Friday afternoon to add to my lists of Chase CCs and got the 30 day message as well as the phone app status. I wanted to app for the Chase Amazon CC also but I'm hesitant since my App for the IHG is still pending. Should I app now for another Chase CC even the IHG is still pending? If I app for another CC will it be the same HP from IHG app? Will it not spook Chase since I already have 3 CCs (CSP, Marriott and Disney Premier) with them in the past 3-9 months? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice: Want to app for another Chase CC

Oh I forgot to add. I am way over the 5/24 rule. Also, I froze my EQ report and I am hoping that chase pulled my EX but have not seen any inquiry yet on my EX report. I just called the automated phone status and it still says "30 days". Hoping for a good result.

Message 2 of 28
nrm
Frequent Contributor

IIRC, Chase pulls TU most of the time. Did you check TU? Also, It is wise to app simultaneously, before the new account, or a decline is reported to the bureau.
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrm wrote:
IIRC, Chase pulls TU most of the time. Did you check TU? Also, It is wise to app simultaneously, before the new account, or a decline is reported to the bureau.

That's incorrect.  While Chase may pull TU for some people, the vast majority of times they pull either EX or EQ or both at the same time.

Demdom, I would wait until you hear on your current application to apply for another.  It's not likely that they would use the same pull for another application.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrm wrote:

I checked my TU report and so far no inquiry from Chase.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@nrm wrote:

That's incorrect.  While Chase may pull TU for some people, the vast majority of times they pull either EX or EQ or both at the same time.

Demdom, I would wait until you hear on your current application to apply for another.  It's not likely that they would use the same pull for another application.

Thanks Irish. Just want to clarify, so when I get the result from Chase of my IHG app and I will app for another CC within 30 days, Chase will do another HP and not use the same HP from my IHG app?

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nrm wrote:

Thanks Irish. Just want to clarify, so when I get the result from Chase of my IHG app and I will app for another CC within 30 days, Chase will do another HP and not use the same HP from my IHG app?

Correct, they will do another pull

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nrm wrote:

Correct, they will do another pull

Got it. Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 28
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

In my experience chase pulls EX. Twice I have apped for two different cards within thirty days and only received one HP even though the apps were two weeks apart. I think it depends on your internal profile at chase. Just a definite YMMV situation. I expect a 2nd pull but am thrilled to not receive one.
Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:
In my experience chase pulls EX. Twice I have apped for two different cards within thirty days and only received one HP even though the apps were two weeks apart. I think it depends on your internal profile at chase. Just a definite YMMV situation. I expect a 2nd pull but am thrilled to not receive one.

Oh ok. Thank you for sharing matt Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.