Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on applying for credit when you have recently moved and changed jobs

tag
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Advice on applying for credit when you have recently moved and changed jobs

Hi, I just moved to a new state and started a new job with higher income. 

I'm in rebuilding phase also, FICO TU is 624, EQ 611, TU 598.  

I still have mail sent to my old address, a friend sends me my mail since I am at a temporary address in my new city. My question is if I'm applying for credit, should I still use old address since that is what is on all my CR? I have not changed address on any of my current accounts, just didn't want the hassle or confusion. 

But at what point should I start using new address? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on applying for credit when you have recently moved and changed jobs

@kebeneezer88 wrote:

I still have mail sent to my old address, a friend sends me my mail since I am at a temporary address in my new city. My question is if I'm applying for credit, should I still use old address since that is what is on all my CR? I have not changed address on any of my current accounts, just didn't want the hassle or confusion. 

Whatever is on your CR currently is what the CCC will see and go off. Update your current address with the cards you have now and they will update the CB once they report. BofA will do it right away if you have one of their cards. 

You can always apply and call in afterwards to update them of your new address. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on applying for credit when you have recently moved and changed jobs

@ojefferyo wrote:

@kebeneezer88 wrote:

Whatever is on your CR currently is what the CCC will see and go off. Update your current address with the cards you have now and they will update the CB once they report. BofA will do it right away if you have one of their cards. 

You can always apply and call in afterwards to update them of your new address. 

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.