Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx, CLI x3 and Chapter 13

tag
CountryLad
New Contributor

AmEx, CLI x3 and Chapter 13

Hello myFICO members: On August 29, I applied for the AmEx 3x CLI and received the dreaded "we'll let you know in 7-10 days"... I finally called them today and asked to find out the status. The "hard to understand" CSR at AmEx said the request was declined due to a bankruptcy on my credit report. I asked her which report and she said Experian. Here's the deal. My Chapter 13 fell off my Experian report on August 4. It's listed on August 3 and it's gone on August 4. It's also gone from myFiCO reports too. I waited until the free FICO score updated on AmEx's website before requesting. Question. Is there anything I can do at this point? For some reason, AmEx's soft pull was still showing the Chapter 13, even though Experian (and my FICO) all showed it removed by August 4. Do I now need to wait 90 days to request the 3x CLI? I understand recon at AmEx is pretty much non-existent. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx, CLI x3 and Chapter 13

I'm guessing Amex looked at their most recent SP on file instead of doing a new SP when you requested the CLI. If that is the case, I would for sure recon. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @Anonymous on them using the last SP report. 

How often do they SP?

Message 3 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait another month and try again.  Unless you need the CLI right away, I'd wait as these things tend to work themselves out.  And as an FYI, I've gotten a 3x CLI with Amex and my discharged BK13 is still alive and well on my reports and will continue to be for another year or so.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with some of the above posts - it seems strange that alot of people who have rebuilt from more recent BKs have had success with Amex and yet they tell you that your older BK is a dealbreaker. How long have you have the Amex and what is your CL vs your income? If your relationship with Amex is young - that may have more to do with it than an old BK...................

Message 5 of 6
CountryLad
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. My BK was in 2011 and discharged in 2017. I’ve been with AmEx for 16 months. I always PIF several times a month on this card. It only has a $1000 limit — and I cycle between $3500-$5000 through it each month — because I want the Hilton points. My income is $120,000. My other cards are at $0. This is really the only card I use. FICO scores in signature.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.