Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Pre-Qual link problem

tag
SeeingTheLight
Valued Member

Amazon Prime Pre-Qual link problem

Has anyone run into the issue of the pre-qual link on the Amazon Prime card page coming back with an "unable to process because we weren't able to pull your credit report" error? Longtime Amazon Prime member and Chase member but keep getting this error. Which CR do they pull?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Pre-Qual link problem

I get the exact same message. I wish I knew what I could do to fix it.

Message 2 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I always thought Chase was usually at least an EX puller plus another in some cases. 
Are any/all of your CB's frozen or locked? That prequal does a SP and if the billing address on your Prime Account is not the same as your credit file, that may be the issue too

Message 3 of 18
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

None of my reports are frozen and my address matches what is listed on my prime account. I'm completely baffled considering I already have a relationship with the card issuer. 

Message 4 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

None of my reports are frozen and my address matches what is listed on my prime account. I'm completely baffled considering I already have a relationship with the card issuer. 

You got me there.....interesting 

Message 5 of 18
SeeingTheLight
Valued Member

Same here...no issues with address and my reports are not locked. 

Message 6 of 18
GrabbedByTheGhoulies
Valued Member

Now that you mention it, I remember getting that error too. I left all my reports unlocked for a few days and tried again and it worked. For me they pulled TransUnion and Experian. 

Message 7 of 18
Jedibarber007
New Contributor

I had that happen to me about 3 weeks ago. Good to know i am not the only one who experienced issues.

Starting Score: 661
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 18
technut74
Established Member

Untitled.png

I get the same thing, can't figure it out.

Message 9 of 18
SeeingTheLight
Valued Member

So, I just tried it again and now it seems to be working? Do they pull more than Experian? Could be the case. I was NOT pre-qualified with the following stats:

-10 year Chase checking/savings customer 

-788 EX Fico 8/ 808 EX Bankcard 8, 760 TU, but CH13 still showing on Equifax ( should drop off Dec 2, 2021), EQ 734

- 6 open cards, 2 yr mortgage, student loans, zero baddies other than CH13 on EQ.

- AmEx Gold, Citi Costco $10k, Cap 1 $5k, Discover IT $10k and couple store cards 4% utilization total

- 6.5 years AAoA

Maybe those that had trouble before could try again? @technut74 @Jedibarber007 @GrabbedByTheGhoulies @cashorcharge @WhiteCollar 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.