Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) Pre-Qualify

tag
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) Pre-Qualify

Quick question..

I was checking out on Amazon.com and recieved a message about applying for the Amazon Prime Visa Card. Was going to ignore it (since I am still in the rebuilding stage) but noticed there was a "pre-qualify" link. I decided to try and was pre-qualified. I completed the rest of application (HP-EX) and recieved a "not able to give an instant answer" notice. I called Chase at 1-888-338-2586 and got the "30 day message".  I'm kicking myself for taking the plunge.... but have any of you been pre-qualified for this card only to find out you may not be approved?

FICO 8 /Ex -645

IMG-4591.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa (Chase) Pre-Qualify

@MrBEW wrote:

Quick question..

I was checking out on Amazon.com and recieved a message about applying for the Amazon Prime Visa Card. Was going to ignore it (since I am still in the rebuilding stage) but noticed there was a "pre-qualify" link. I decided to try and was pre-qualified. I completed the rest of application (HP-EX) and recieved a "not able to give an instant answer" notice. I called Chase at 1-888-338-2586 and got the "30 day message".  I'm kicking myself for taking the plunge.... but have any of you been pre-qualified for this card only to find out you may not be approved?

FICO 8 /Ex -645

IMG-4591.jpg

If someone is prequaled , it doesnt mean 100% approval rate and if one is over 5/24, high chsnces are wont be approved. 

How many cc have you opened in last 2 years?

Message 2 of 13
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

I have only opened one card in the last 2 years. So I guess there is hope....

Thank you

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could give them a call to see what is up.  Sometimes they just need extra verification, especially if something on your reports doesn't match the address/phone # (for example) that you gave in the application.

The other possibility is your scores are too low, but I'm surprised you would have prequalified in that case.  Anyway, give them a call and there's a pretty good chance you'll be approved after some checks (just a hunch).

Message 4 of 13
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Ok....Today I called each of the Chase numbers below and got a different messags/status:

888-338-2586 - 30 days (still reviewing)

888-432-3117 - 30 days (still reviewing)

800-945-2006 - 7-10 days (still reviewing)

888-270-2127- 7-10 days (still reviewing) - spoke to rep who asked to text code to phone, verified my info, told me my app is still in review and that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days. Nothing else is needed from me.

Even with a pre-approval, I will take that as a "denied". Obviously I was getting ahead of myself. Need to continue work on rebuilding.....

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep us posted @MrBEW.  The community can definitely benefit from your DPs/outcome.

Message 6 of 13
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Follow-Up:

Called 888-270-2127 and after entering in SS#, I was automatically transferred to a rep (without hearing status).

Went through the protocol (send text to verify/unlock file)

Rep told me that my apllication was still processing and that it will be "another week" before a decision is made.

Well..thats better than an automatic DENIAL. Let's see what happens....

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I haven't seen this before and don't seem to have the option. Hopefully you get a positive outcome. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I clicked the link that said get a $150 SUB if approved. I don't know if I was pre-qualified for it. I got approved. My history is quite volatile so I was fearing an instant denial. Amazon is my goto for shopping. I have a Chase account login but no checking account (Was closed for zero balance. I'd forgotten I had a Chase Checking account)

EX687 21INQ 36% usage 6 accounts +3 -2 

A lot of mistakes were made on my part but this forum has really helped. Hope this helps you.

Message 9 of 13
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the insight. I am hoping my outcome is an approval as yours. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.