Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Secure Card Double Inquiry

tag
NightTrader
Valued Member

Amazon Secure Card Double Inquiry

I had a friend apply for Amazon secure card and they tried to double pull from Experian and Transunion. Fortunately, her Transunion was locked.  I had heard about this before but this is the first time I know someone where it was actually attempted.

Her denial reason was:  Bankruptcy proceeding, credit counseling or creditor settlement for a secure card.

She was so annoyed but she was successful in getting the Experian hard credit inquiry removed. Amazon secure card has some bad reviews on Amazon's site. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Be aware of applying for Amazon Secure Card

@NightTrader wrote:

I had a friend apply for Amazon secure card and they tried to double pull from Experian and Transunion. Fortunately, her Transunion was locked.  I had heard about this before but this is the first time I know someone where it was actually attempted.

Her denial reason was:  Bankruptcy proceeding, credit counseling or creditor settlement for a secure card.

She was so annoyed but she was successful in getting the Experian hard credit inquiry removed. Amazon secure card has some bad reviews on Amazon's site. 

Creditors will and can double pull for any kind of credit. We dont get to decide which bureau a creditor pulls. Often times a creditor will double pull if a profile has issues like bk, charge offs, etc. Amazon isnt the only one to do this , secured card or not. Amex has been doing this lately  as well. Suprised the hp was deleted as thats a legitimate credit inquiry even if a person chsnges their mind about wanting the card after seeing what was pulled. Id suggest to your friend to stydy up on how credit works and go from there. Lots of great info here. Thanks for sharing. 

Message 2 of 4
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@NightTrader wrote:

Creditors will and can double pull for any kind of credit. We dont get to decide which bureau a creditor pulls. Often times a creditor will double pull if a profile has issues like bk, charge offs, etc. Amazon isnt the only one to do this , secured card or not. Amex has been doing this lately  as well. Suprised the hp was deleted as thats a legitimate credit inquiry even if a person chsnges their mind about wanting the card after seeing what was pulled. Id suggest to your friend to stydy up on how credit works and go from there. Lots of great info here. Thanks for sharing. 

Totally agree and heck Capital One cards are a triple pull as they generally pull all three Bureaus. I also don't see how she got a legitimate INQ off either unless she wasn't honest in her request. I mean she did request credit from them so regardless if they pulled one, two or even all three it was legit.

Message 3 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@NightTrader wrote:

Is your warning about a possible double pull or that you can get denied if your credit is (presumably) really bad?

Was her denial reason accurate? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.