Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon rewards visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon rewards visa

Amazon rewards visa by chase

I applied for this card around 6 days ago and was told on the spot (note: this was done thru the amazon site) that my app would require further viewing and would receive a reply in 4 days.

After about two days I decided to call an automated number, which told me it was still under review. Tried after that, getting on the phone with a rep. She was somewhat inclined to helping me because she eagerly asked if I was going to make a purchase right away, I said yes.

She then told me it was still too early to give me an answer as the department was still reviewing my app.

Today I called one of the backdoor numbers and got a gentlemen on the line, after a couple of personal questions such as my address, he then told me I was declined due to not having a long enough credit history.😔

Note: I'm a 22 yr old college student that barely got his first actual CC about two months ago, before that I was/still am as a secondary card holder on my fathers card.

I really wanted to get this card, what do you guys suggest is my next move?

edit: I've been on my fathers card as a secondary, having my own duplicate well for over a year if not two.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon rewards visa

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for this card around 6 days ago and was told on the spot (note: this was done thru the amazon site) that my app would require further viewing and would receive a reply in 4 days.

After about two days I decided to call an automated number, which told me it was still under review. Tried after that, getting on the phone with a rep. She was somewhat inclined to helping me because she eagerly asked if I was going to make a purchase right away, I said yes.

She then told me it was still too early to give me an answer as the department was still reviewing my app.

Today I called one of the backdoor numbers and got a gentlemen on the line, after a couple of personal questions such as my address, he then told me I was declined due to not having a long enough credit history.😔

Note: I'm a 22 yr old college student that barely got his first actual CC about two months ago, before that I was/still am as a secondary card holder on my fathers card.

edit: I've been on my fathers card as a secondary, having my own duplicate well for over a year if not two.

an Amazon Store Card Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

They refused to approve me for the Amazon visa for the same reason but yet they approved me for the CSP. I really don't understand how they work sometimes. Amazon Store card is what I went with and the financing offers are great.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

They refused to approve me for the Amazon visa for the same reason but yet they approved me for the CSP. I really don't understand how they work sometimes. Amazon Store card is what I went with and the financing offers are great.

I dont have the Amazon store card.. but.. it can only be used on Amazon.com... So, why do they even produce a physical card? Why not just make it a line of credit..

Message 4 of 9
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

I dont have the Amazon store card.. but.. it can only be used on Amazon.com... So, why do they even produce a physical card? Why not just make it a line of credit..

Yes it can only be used on Amazon.com. they don't really produce an actual card more so just a thick piece of paper with you card # on it. If you have an amazon account the card is saved to your account.

Message 5 of 9
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Well, it's not much of an actual card ... I just received a preforated paper cut out once approved.  You don't need it again as your account info is stored on Amazon.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@b_diddy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Well, it's not much of an actual card ... I just received a preforated paper cut out once approved.  You don't need it again as your account info is stored on Amazon.

ahhh i see.. So, it really is an amazon line of credit.. cool!

Message 7 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Here's a tip when it comes to getting in with Chase. Wait until you have 11 months of history and try then. Make sure you get a really good recon person to talk to. Once you get in with them, getting other cards from Chase won't be as hard. I learned that from experience. Also open up a checking account with them if you want. I opened mine up back in late 2013 and even though I don't think it was that big of a factor on getting approved for their cards, I was able to explain that I wanted to have a better relationship with them and stuff on recon when my Chase SW app was still pending.

Also if you already have a checking account with Chase, they will even link up the account in your login page if you're approved for a CC down the line.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, you have no credit history of your own. Usually you need at least 6 months at an absolute minimum, in order to generate a FICO score. 

Wait until you have a year of usage and pay in full each month, then your FICO score should be respectable (mine was 732). And getting credit card approvals takes more than just a score, you need the usage history, and sometimes you need large existing credit limits befroe you are likely to get the best cards. 

By the way, why do you even want the Chase Amazon card? The Sallie Mae Rewards Mastercard is much better: https://www.salliemae.com/credit-cards/sallie-mae-card/

And no, don't apply for the Sallie Mae right now. Get your year of experience, and many more doors will open.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.