cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express is killing me slowly WAITING!

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Pending Apps Go IRS FORM...

Good luck on your application.
Message 11 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Wife received one on her BCP app. Filled it out and everything went fine. As we file joint, it actually loosened AMEX for me.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 12 of 19
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

How long have you been with AMEX?
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 19
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict
I've had both the BCP and EDP since 2015 and never heard of this before, when I downgraded to ED a couple yrs. ago there was nothing. Could this be something new? I haven't been on in a while so I'm catching up,,I really hope they don't start this crap for everyone.....

Best of luck 2 ya !!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has been doing it recently, seemed at random. Now if Amex is starting to do this on apps, it may be an indication that they all see something coming and are requiring more solid info. 

Just wish the process wasn't trough EQ. 

I'm still uncertain how I'll deal with it when/if it ever pops up. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I'm aware Amex processes Form 4605-T themselves and does not outsource to Equifax as Discover does.  While it has never happened to me, Amex does occasionally ask for income verification via Form 4605-T for some applications, and more frequently when requesting credit limit increases that would put an individual card limit above a certain threshold.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know, I don't really mind Amex having access to that info. 

Message 17 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

They have outsourced it to EQ.

As far as requesting it during the app, OP has had recent financial issues and I guess this is their way of ensuring they have the ability to repay. The alternative is probably a flat denial.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the outcome. Do you recall if you had the expanding membership language or typically preferred preapproved verbiage ?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.