cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americard BofA

Highlighted
New Visitor

Americard BofA

Just applied for this card as I’m trying to transfer balance from my other cc that has a high apr and I’m trying to take advantage of the 0% apr and no fee for doing so. To my surprise my application went to Pending.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an answer of Approval/Denial.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Americard BofA

Welcome to the forum!

Please provide us with data points e.g. Your credit scores, average age of accounts, no baddies etc.

Did you receive a 7-10 day message after it went to pending status? BTW the 7-10 day message doesn't necessarily mean an approval or denial.

Les murs ont des oreilles .
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted

@JSoria wrote:
Just applied for this card as I’m trying to transfer balance from my other cc that has a high apr and I’m trying to take advantage of the 0% apr and no fee for doing so. To my surprise my application went to Pending.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an answer of Approval/Denial.

Hi OP and welcome to the Forum.  I've app'd with BoA and had it go pending only to have it approved some 3 days later.  Like the other poster has mentioned, it could go either way.  You can always call the status line to get updated information.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

It usually takes from couple of days to 10 days. It can go either way. I applied 4 months ago and was approved for a 2.3k CL after a week.
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Priotelus-Temnurus wrote:
It usually takes from couple of days to 10 days. It can go either way. I applied 4 months ago and was approved for a 2.3k CL after a week.

I suppose the OP long ago got his answer since this thread was from September 2018. Any reason in particular you sought this one out to recuscitate? 

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (11/11/2020): FICO 08 EXP: 747; TU: 762; EQ: 782
2020 Goal Score: 760 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted

I've resurrected threads because I did not look at the date. No harm in that, and the answer is directly related to OP's question, as old as it may be. 

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lol it happens . Especially while searching or if new. So long as thread isnt over a year old its not really a problem. Ive done it myself responding to a thread only to realize the post was from months agoSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I've resurrected threads because I did not look at the date. No harm in that ... 

As surely have I. No harm in that indeed. 

But I remain curious.

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (11/11/2020): FICO 08 EXP: 747; TU: 762; EQ: 782
2020 Goal Score: 760 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.