Amex 3x CLI Question for BCE

tag
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI Question for BCE

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@DXness wrote:

I bet the forum regulars are sick of Amex CLI questions, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in past threads.  Today is 92 days since I was approved for my BCE, so I went for the 3x CLI and the thing said account too new.  What is the current req for your first (new cardholder) CLI on a BCE and when does the clock start?

Do you have to wait 101 days?  6 months like the BCP?  Does the clock start from the approval/inquiry, or when you activated the card, or when your first statement cut?

Wait... its 6 months for the BCP?

6 months between approved requests, yes, for ANY revolving card, not just the BCP.

The 91 days is only for your first CLI after approval. 

I thought they meant 6 months post approval. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 11 of 17
Steeled

That wasn't true for me.  I got the 3x at 90something and another 3x 91 days after that.  BCE.

Message 12 of 17
Bmom
Contributor

I got my BCP March 27th so we'll see at the end of the month 🤞but a rep I spoke with recommended waiting until after the second statement cuts. 

EQ 784, TU 700, EX 683
Mortgage 5, 4, 2: EQ 783, TU 683, EX 661

Starting (started months ago, checked scores after some improvements): EQ 599, TU 653, EX 672
Mortgage 5, 4, 2: EQ 592, TU 657, EX 639
Message 13 of 17
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Similar to other posters, it was around 100ish days for me too before it allowed me to ask for a CLI. 

I was also denied, and approved 91ish days later for that cli. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $6000 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $6000 | Discover it 3k
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2023: EX 692, TU 691, EQ 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

My experience was the first cli was granted at the 5 month mark. Then every 6 months after that. But once the gate opens, as long as your profile is clean, they have no problem giving out limits. Mine went from 1k limit to 34k limit in 2 years! 

Message 15 of 17
isik
Regular Contributor

100-ish days for me too (BCP). 91 wasn't enough. Link didn't appear online so I had to find the link here to request it. 

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 16 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@DXness wrote:

I bet the forum regulars are sick of Amex CLI questions, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in past threads.  Today is 92 days since I was approved for my BCE, so I went for the 3x CLI and the thing said account too new.  What is the current req for your first (new cardholder) CLI on a BCE and when does the clock start?

Do you have to wait 101 days?  6 months like the BCP?  Does the clock start from the approval/inquiry, or when you activated the card, or when your first statement cut?

Wait... its 6 months for the BCP?

6 months between approved requests, yes, for ANY revolving card, not just the BCP.

The 91 days is only for your first CLI after approval. 

I thought they meant 6 months post approval. 

For some it can be, yes. It's all YMMV.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.