Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold Advice?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting a question on the myFICO forums.

I wanted some advice about applying for the AMEX Delta Gold Card.

I currently have 6 inquiries this year, with 4 cards being opened total, all in 2019

Cap One Quicksilver, upgraded from Platinum ($750) in April, Discover it Chrome ($2700) in September, Amazon store card ($1500) in October, and the Chase Freedom Unlimited ($1000) in November.

My oldest line is with Nordstrom ($2000) in June 2017, and my little credit union card ($1000) in July '17.

My current utilization is at 11% without the Freedom card being reported, so realistically its around 8-9%

The bad stuff is 2 missed payments, dec '17 and jan '18 on my Nordstrom card. Keep in mind this is when I was a complete moron and had no idea how to manage my credit. 

I am currently Preapproved/prequaled for the AMEX Delta Gold, Everyday, and Cash Magnet

My current scores are EXP-684, EQ-705, and TU-712 and my income is about 36k per year.

Should I go for my first AMEX card, even with that many inquiries this year?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold Advice?

Hi and welcome to the forums, @Anonymous 

I believe the inquiries will not be an issue for your app as so much the recent approvals. With that said I think you can be approved for their Delta Gold card since it has looser UW but the terms/CL may not be the best. If that is not an issue and prequals are showing solid APRs then you should be fine. I would strongly recommend you wait a bit to let your new accounts age to better your chances

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their prequals are pretty solid. If you don't fly Delta though, there's no point to the card - a no-fee Cashback card like the everyday cash is a beeter bet then, and you may get it with 15 months at 0%

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 2 cards, both with 0% for 14 and 15 months respectively. I was hoping to establish my first travel credit card. The AF is waived the first year, and then I would probably keep or downgrade to the delta blue card if I don't plan on flying for a little while. I currently have two trips to Quebec city planned, and figured the points bonus would be nice
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have 2 cards, both with 0% for 14 and 15 months respectively. I was hoping to establish my first travel credit card. The AF is waived the first year, and then I would probably keep or downgrade to the delta blue card if I don't plan on flying for a little while. I currently have two trips to Quebec city planned, and figured the points bonus would be nice

Oh well, then if the card and SUB do suit your current needs, go for it! It looks great in your signature Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.