Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Denied

Tried a CLI with Amex BCE, it's been 120 days since my last increase. Got the 7-10 day notice, but received a decline e-mail within seconds. Still not sure why, unless it's because I received my platinum card within the last six months. Gave me a number to call, but I doubt it's worth it... got the platinum card in December. Could that be it?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Denied

I thought it's 180 days after an increase?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is 180 after you get an increase.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they gave you a number to call, I'd still call.  At this time, it will be hard to figure out why you were denied without knowing much about your credit report, income etc..  So call them and see what they say.

Update the thread once you talk to them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct and if in fact they tried after 120 days then that's why they were denied.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct and if in fact they tried after 120 days then that's why they were denied.

Thanks. I will try again in 60 days. I will update once I recieve the letter in the mail.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me it was 90 days between denials.  61 days for your first cli and 6 months after that.  I have 4 Amex cards now.  Just got the Hilton Honors and gave it 1 month and got a denial.  Called and they said I have to wait the actual 61 days for it.  And then 6 months out on that.  I also got the 3x's on my BCP a couple months ago.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never gotten a CLI with AmEx, but to my knowledge they take in account ALL your accounts. So no matter which one you get a CLI on, the time applies to the others too. It's like finding which card you have the best chance with. It's a hard game to play Smiley Very Happy

Does anyone know if the 61day is first CLI PERIOD or does it take in account the others too? I've had a AmEx Everyday since last year, but I'm waiting for 61 days with my SPG / Delta (going to choose the SPG).

Message 8 of 9
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Not enough time since last increase..like others thought it was 180 days but it's been so long since I ask for one they could have changed since then...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.