Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

tag
anik28
Frequent Contributor

Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

I've wanted an Amex for a very long time, I always try to check the pre-qualify tool and usually I get no offers.

my score has gone up considerably and I tried the tool today, to my surprise I was pre-approved for both the platinum & gold card. I took my chances, finished the application and got the "we're processing your application and will let you know within 14 days"

fingers crossed, I've heard the pre-approval tool is pretty accurate. I checked the application status and it says "in process"

anyone else have this experience and get an approval? My scores are 675-690

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
anik28
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

Update: called to verify information and they said they'd process the application within 48 hours. Surprised I couldn't get an instant approval but will wait a few days 🙏🏼

Message 2 of 27
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

Update: called to verify information and they said they'd process the application within 48 hours. Surprised I couldn't get an instant approval but will wait a few days 🙏🏼

Best of luck! From what I've read and experienced myself their preapprovals are pretty solid. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 27
anik28
Frequent Contributor

@Chazzay12 thanks! I hope so too, I've been wanting this card for so long. It sounded like they just needed to verify me on the backend and process the new account manually 

Message 4 of 27
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

@Chazzay12 thanks! I hope so too, I've been wanting this card for so long. It sounded like they just needed to verify me on the backend and process the new account manually 

Probably. Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 27
anik28
Frequent Contributor

They want me to submit a 4506-c form, which I'm doing today. I've had to do this for a few different cards, all should check out 

Message 6 of 27
DONZI
Established Contributor

@anik28 wrote:

The mentioned few other 4506-c requests you'd had, and with the DP here, I'd think that you'd somewhat expect a pause in the approval process.

I hope congrats are in order soon! The platinum is a nice travel card among other things.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 7 of 27
anik28
Frequent Contributor

@DONZI yeah discover asked me for one when I opened my card with them last year. I also had to verify documents for cap one venture, so I'm hopeful with Amex too. Submitted the form, they said they should have it processed within 24 hours 

Message 8 of 27
DONZI
Established Contributor

None of my biz, but is there something attracting the requests?

Substantial changes, new credit profile or whatnot?

I'd imagine that stuff will cool down in time.

I had pauses on a couple CC approvals.. but was mainly due to resurrecting credit use after 20 years and having multiple addresses, identity verification and that sort of thing. I'm a bit more on the radar now so I think that stuff maybe won't surface more for me.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 9 of 27
anik28
Frequent Contributor

@DONZI I'm not sure but I have moved a few times and recently started my own company. I don't mind providing them my tax info even though it's pain and drags out the process.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.