Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre Approval- How legit??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre Approval- How legit??

Hello,

So, AMEX says I am pre-approved on their site for Platinum, Gold, and Blue Cash Preferred. 

I fell for it and applied for the platinum. Got an email saying they are reviewing and will contact me. 

Is this usually a denial?

Also, while I am waiting- should I NOT apply for the gold or blue? Thank you for your insight. 

PS: what does it mean to go in the garden and how do I get there?

EXP: 691

TU: 662

EQ: 623

I have 1 discover it, 7500 limit, 5% usage (13 months)

income: 150,000

4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Pre Approval- How legit??

I don't think it's necessarily a denial. But yes, DON'T apply for anything else for 30 days, as Amex only approves 1 card every 30 days I believe.

Gardening means taking no hard pulls/applying for additional credit, unless it's only using a SP (soft pull, meaning it won't impact your credit and isn't recorded on your credit reports). Applications for jobs/utilities/rentals are excluded. It's not a physical place, but there IS an actual garden club thread under Personal Finance. You can find a lot more information regarding gardening there too. Smiley Happy

Here is a link to it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-September-2021/td-p/6399490

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre Approval- How legit?? **UPDATE

i was approved!!!!

They called to verify my identity because of the fraud protection I have on my experian file. 

Thanks! I am overjoyed! 

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was approved!!!!

They called to verify my identity because of the fraud protection I have on my experian file. 

Thanks! I am overjoyed! 

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congratulations on your approval.  Please feel free to begin a new thread in Credit Card Approvals.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.