Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-Quals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-Quals

After the staggering generosity of Discover with my initial SL earlier in the week I'm pretty sure I used up my luck for the year, but I do keep an eye on other pre-quals. 

Has anyone ever seen Amex Prequals list an acutal credit limit? I checked it this morning and they're still listing the Basic Everyday, the BCE, and Gold Delta, but both the Everday and BCE now list "with a credit limit upto 2,000". I checked it a couple of times earlier in the week, but this is the first time I've seen anything like that for any prequal for any lender. 

Glad I didn't pull the trigger earlier in the week. 

Also, it's the only pre-qual application that includes the option to include non-taxable income. 

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-Quals

@Anonymous wrote:

After the staggering generosity of Discover with my initial SL earlier in the week I'm pretty sure I used up my luck for the year, but I do keep an eye on other pre-quals. 

Has anyone ever seen Amex Prequals list an acutal credit limit? I checked it this morning and they're still listing the Basic Everyday, the BCE, and Gold Delta, but both the Everday and BCE now list "with a credit limit upto 2,000". I checked it a couple of times earlier in the week, but this is the first time I've seen anything like that for any prequal for any lender. 

Also, it's the only pre-qual application that includes the option to include non-taxable income. 

I have never heard of AMEX listing an approximate limit you could be granted pending approval through their prequalifications. Any chance you could provide a screenshot so we could see what it looks like?

Message 2 of 75
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Intresting, I have never seen a limit with prequals, if I did and they told me up to 1K as that's all they give me I probably would have declined 😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you post info about your experience with Discover? I recently received something in the mail from them and was wondering if it was worth it to follow up...

Message 4 of 75
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That sounds more like Credit One or First Premire than Amex

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 75
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I've looked over  previous threads by OP, they are not  existing Amex cardholder, so I checked prequals 😐

No mention of possible max SL. 

Message 6 of 75
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That sounds more like Credit One or First Premire than Amex

I would have agreed but specific mentions of ED and BCE there have me thinking this might be true. Why I asked if OP could provide screenshots.

Message 7 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear I'm not crazy. But it was right before bed after a long weekend.

I usually take screenshots of all the pre-quals so I can track how the offers change.

Not sure if I did last night, but I'll check when I get home tonight.
Message 8 of 75
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I swear I'm not crazy. But it was right before bed after a long weekend.

I usually take screenshots of all the pre-quals so I can track how the offers change.

Not sure if I did last night, but I'll check when I get home tonight.

No one is saying you're crazy, it's just something new we've never seen before. 

Message 9 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was in jest of course Smiley Happy

Checked the pre-qual on my phone just now, no listed limit. I feel like William Shatner on the Twilight Zone, "there's a gremlin on the wing!".

What does stand out is my Delta Skymiles bonus was 35,000 last night. Its back upto 50,000 with no stated limit.

I'll see if I took a screenshot this evening.
Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.