Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex new app question

tag
John00
Established Member

Amex new app question

I have 3 business cards with American Express. I had an inquiry on my credit report for the first business card but have no hard inquiries since then for the next 2 business cards.

If I were to apply for a personal credit card with them, would it likely follow suit and have no hard inquiry or does applying for a personal card make it likely to trigger an inquiry on my credit report?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShreksBFF
New Contributor

Re: Amex new app question

Will be a hard pull, if it had been the reverse it wouldn't -- start with personal and then business are SP, but if you start with business then personal will be another HP

June 2022:
Jan 2024:
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@John00 wrote:

I have 3 business cards with American Express. I had an inquiry on my credit report for the first business card but have no hard inquiries since then for the next 2 business cards.

If I were to apply for a personal credit card with them, would it likely follow suit and have no hard inquiry or does applying for a personal card make it likely to trigger an inquiry on my credit report?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, most likely it would be SP only.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 4
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@John00 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

if your reports are frozen when you apply, you can't be HP'd

if they need a HP, they will deny and tell you that

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.