Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Balance Transfer Card for me?

tag
DennisVo99
New Visitor

Best Balance Transfer Card for me?

My job recently has been cutting my hours(temporarily due to lack of work), which made me gain credit card debt. It’s not too bad, but I tend to over stress if I have more debt than what I can pay. I’m currently sitting with almost about $5k right now and thinking that a balance transfer credit card is best for me right now.

Income: $50k

FICO Score: 727

Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 5/24(4/24 next month)

Inquires: TU: 0/6, 2/12, 7/24; EQ: 0/6, 0/12, 3/24; EX: 0/6, 5/12, 10/24 (most of these especially “/12” are auto inquiries)

Current Cards:

CFF

Discover It

Capital One Quicksilver

Apple Card

Verizon Card

Chase Amazon

AMEX BCE

I’m currently banking with Chase and US Bank(just opened a checking account with them a week ago).

I’m considering getting US Bank Platinum, so I can PC to the US Bank Cash+ in a year or maybe the Chase Slate Edge. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: Best Balance Transfer Card for me?

@DennisVo99 wrote:

My job recently has been cutting my hours(temporarily due to lack of work), which made me gain credit card debt. It’s not too bad, but I tend to over stress if I have more debt than what I can pay. I’m currently sitting with almost about $5k right now and thinking that a balance transfer credit card is best for me right now.

Income: $50k

FICO Score: 727

Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 5/24(4/24 next month)

Inquires: TU: 0/6, 2/12, 7/24; EQ: 0/6, 0/12, 3/24; EX: 0/6, 5/12, 10/24 (most of these especially “/12” are auto inquiries)

Current Cards:

CFF

Discover It

Capital One Quicksilver

Apple Card

Verizon Card

Chase Amazon

AMEX BCE

I’m currently banking with Chase and US Bank(just opened a checking account with them a week ago).

I’m considering getting US Bank Platinum, so I can PC to the US Bank Cash+ in a year or maybe the Chase Slate Edge. What do you guys think?

Have you considered looking at penfed fcu? 15 month promotion on balance transfer on the gold card. They also offer credit life, involuntary unemployment for life's unexpected circumstances. They are an EQ puller as well, where you have the least inquiries. Best of luck to you.

Message 2 of 3
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Balance Transfer Card for me?

If you just need a BT card look into Citi

Diamond Preferred or one of the Well Fargo cards such as the Reflect.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.