Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get CapOne CLI <180 days?

tag
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Anyone get CapOne CLI <180 days?

I could have titled thjis post a few ways:

• Has anyone ever gotten a CLI from CapOne after receiving a 2-3 day notice?
  • Has anyone gotten a CLI from CapOne in less than 180 days?
  • Is there any rhyme or reason to CapOne's CLI 2-3 day notice?

I am fully aware that Capital One CLI's are not typically granted less than 180 days from the prior CLI. However, anytime I've ever requested early (<180 days) I've ALWAYS received an instant denial with a message that says something like "there's recently been a change to your credit line."

Today, fully aware it has not been close to 180 days since my last CLI, I submitted a request anyway (largely for s**** and giggles but I've been running upwards of $10K each of the past three months on it and figured, "what the h***"). But... today I did not get the typical "too soon" message and instead got a 2-3 day. I'm just curious why I got this message all of a sudden vs the typical.

thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get CapOne CLI <180 days?

In my experience the 6 month / 180 day between cli is a pretty hard rule, and the 2-3 days has always yielded a denial for me.

ive Tried inside of the 180 day window and always yielded a 2-3 day message and then a decline, stating there’s recently been a change to the credit limit on the account.

With the amount you’ve been running through it, you may be in line for a nice increase when your beyond the 189 day mark.
Message 2 of 10
Andypanda
Established Contributor

On my capone QS, after my 3rd bill cut, I got a auto CLI from $3,000 to $12,500

Message 3 of 10
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In my experience the 6 month / 180 day between cli is a pretty hard rule, and the 2-3 days has always yielded a denial for me.

This was my experience as well last month, though if memory serves me correctly it was the first time I've gotten the 2-3 day message, false hope ;-)

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 4 of 10
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

The only thing that’s for sure is CapOne is unpredictable. I posted just not long back about my CLI experience with them, but to get to the point I have 2 cards, my Venture1 (put several thousand through the card/paid) & my QS1. My QS1 card I stopped using over 6 months ago for big purchases & literally have only been putting 1-2 car washes on it a month in a rebellious defiance of the low credit line. I asked for CLI on both of my cards last month...QS1=$3,000 CLI & Venture1=$0     Mind you my Venture1 has double the limit & has always got big increases on it until now. I’m not 100% sure why the dumb QS1 got the big CLI as both cards carried a low util% at the time of CLI. I actually told my wife right before that if the QS1 didn’t get an increase I was going to just combine it with my Venture1 because I was sick of the low limit 🙄

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 5 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

2-3 day notice = no soup for you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just requested a cli today, waiting to hear back from them. I haven't received a cli in 2 years. Capital one imo is funny with cli. Cause I can get approved for 7k from Discover and can't get an increase from capital one.
Message 7 of 10
shakiraa
Established Member

Hey @fgadsden75 did you ever hear back about the CLI from CapOne? I haven't had or requested a CLI from them since Feb 2016 and just requested one today. But I got the 2-3 day notice and I'm assuming it's a denial based on this thread...

I will mention I started at 300 in 2013 and received pretty decent increases up until that last automatic increase to 4300 in 2016. 

11/15/18

3/13/19

4/12/19

7/9/19

NFCU Signature Visa CashRewards - 25,000
NFCU Platinum - 21,400
Capital One Quicksilver - 4,300
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go for it, since you haven't try in a couple of years. I got denied my cli request. I just paid off one of my cap-one, I'm trying to get that one switch to a QS card. Maybe you can trry upgrading your card to a Quicksilver and if approved for that you may get a cli along with it. Someone else on the forum did that and got a cli.

Good luck

Message 9 of 10
shakiraa
Established Member

This is the Quicksilver no AF rewards card (not QS1) and I have an offer to PC to Venture but I didn't accept. I don't fly that often so the 1.5% is more useful than miles. And I was told that the PC wouldn't come with a CLI.

Sorry to hear about that denial. Thinking I'll get the same but I'll give an update when I hear back from them.

11/15/18

3/13/19

4/12/19

7/9/19

NFCU Signature Visa CashRewards - 25,000
NFCU Platinum - 21,400
Capital One Quicksilver - 4,300
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.