cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI data point

tag
Crispy

Apple Card CLI data point

Got Apple Card last year & requested 4 CLIs over course of the year and was denied on all of them. Always had 80-90% and higher utilization report and paid in full before statement due date to hopefully influence an easy CLI. No luck.

This time I decided to pay off entire balance before statement generated to have 0% post, and once that posted I requested a CLI, and got more than double my limit approved! Interesting. Might just be a coincidence and they were just ready to give me one or they didnt like the high utilization posting even though I was paying it off in full each month. Score on the lower side though so that could also have been an element to it. 
score: mid to high 600s Experian FICO8

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI data point

Congrats! Interesting.

Message 2 of 11
Crispy

another coincidence is I recently got the Amex Platinum and since then apple and 3 other cards have given me a CLI which they had refused to before. Lol. Who knows

Message 3 of 11
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the cli. Had a similar experience. Once my card was paid off for a month I requested and got a cli decent relative to my SL I guess as my SL was $3k and got a cli of $1250. My wife tried for a cli on hers which had high util also for a while but had been paid off for 4 months. Her SL was $2k and they only gave her $250 cli. Our score currently are similar to OP's.

We actually did the co owner thing and combined our limits and cards for the $6500 CL

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 4 of 11
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your limit increase! Thank you for sharing this data point.  I've had a conversation with Apple Card Support rep before and they told me that pretty much that their system will deny any limit increase requests where the person's utilization is 30% or higher. They said if you're 29% or lower than normally you're fine. So I do believe you paying your balance off before the closing date and then asking for an increase was a major factor for you being approved.  I'm sure there are are some exceptions to what the rep told me but it seems likely they may be correct.  The highest utilization I've gotten a CLI at was at 24% of my Apple Card's limit when I had just started a installment plan on a 16 inch Macbook Pro with a bunch of upgrades.  Congratulations again to you! 

Message 5 of 11
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

Congrats on the cli. Had a similar experience. Once my card was paid off for a month I requested and got a cli decent relative to my SL I guess as my SL was $3k and got a cli of $1250. My wife tried for a cli on hers which had high util also for a while but had been paid off for 4 months. Her SL was $2k and they only gave her $250 cli. Our score currently are similar to OP's.

We actually did the co owner thing and combined our limits and cards for the $6500 CL

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP Congratulations on getting the limit increases.  In case you weren't aware, Goldman Sachs views adding a joint owner and merging limits as a limit increase. My myself and many others once we merged our cards we had to wait 6 months before we could get another limit increase (this was back in 2021 when they were still giving others increases every 91 days). So just be aware whenever y'all merged, 6 months from then is likely when you can get another increase.  Best wishes to you both!

Message 6 of 11
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Fascinating DPs! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the CLI.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 11
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

Congrats 

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 8 of 11
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Crispy wrote:

another coincidence is I recently got the Amex Platinum and since then apple and 3 other cards have given me a CLI which they had refused to before. Lol. Who knows

Yeah, that had exactly Zero to do with those CLI's lol. But congrats

Message 9 of 11
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

Got mine in August 2019. It opened with a limit of $16K. 

They have increased the limit a few times since, it is now $22K.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.