cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approvals

tag
ClnRcd

Pre-approvals

My 341 meeting was today, discharge is expected to be some time in April.

So far I'm only showing preapprovals for:

CreditKarma:

Mission Lane secured Visa

Capital One Platinum secured

Capital One Quicksilver secured Cash rewards

Opensky Secured Credit Visa

First Progress Platinum Prestige mastercard

MyExperian App:

Credit One Bank Wander Card

Credit One Bank American Express Card (AF $39)

Revvi Visa Unsecured Credit Card

Credit One Bank American Express Card (AF $95)

Is there any other preapproval sites I can look into once I'm discharged?  OR any advise as to other more beneficial cards I can try for?

Pros and cons?

Starting Score: 517
Current Score: 602
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-approvals

None of those you just listed are true pre approvals. They're all just marketing because both Experian and Credit Karma get a kickback for referring you to those cards. So ignore all of those. 

That said, you do likely qualify for Credit One, Open Sky, First Progress. Capital One can be hit or miss. Did you burn them? If so you may need to hold off a bit with them. 

Also, use lender's own preapproval portals for prequals, though the only real reliable ones are FNBO, Chase, and Capital One. Citi and BoA for example aren't real preapproval portals. They're more like suggestions. Anyway I'd check for preapprovals from Capital One. They're several steps above all of those other predatory subprime lenders you listed. If nothing comes back, I'd start with secured cards that at least graduate like US Bank secured, TD Bank secured, Discover secured if they'll approve (check their prequal first), or if all else fails, then Open Sky which you also listed (but which does NOT graduate).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
ClnRcd

Capital one was burned howver the account that was burned had a 0 balance.  I had paid it off once it reached collections.  The other capital one card had an available balance of $750 that was never utilized due to the other account being negative, both accounts were restricted.

Message 3 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ClnRcd wrote:

Capital one was burned howver the account that was burned had a 0 balance.  I had paid it off once it reached collections.  The other capital one card had an available balance of $750 that was never utilized due to the other account being negative, both accounts were restricted.

Try running their pre-qualification and see if anything comes up.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 11
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Here's a comprehensive list of sp prequalifying cards: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-Pull-Pre-Qualify-Links-Part-2-Updated-2-...

Good luck

Message 5 of 11
keekers
Established Contributor

I'd stay away from Credit One at all costs.

Message 6 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ClnRcd wrote:

If there was no balance, then they were not burned.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 11
ClnRcd

I'm sorry I'm just a bit confused.  

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ClnRcd wrote:

If my Experian and my credit report states the zero balance account was included in my bankruptcy, wouldn't that confirm that they were burned? 

Message 8 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ClnRcd wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ClnRcd wrote:

If my Experian and my credit report states the zero balance account was included in my bankruptcy, wouldn't that confirm that they were burned? 

Yes it might still show as included in BK (which it probably was), but Capital One didn't actually take a loss on it.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ClnRcd wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ClnRcd wrote:

Yes it might still show as included in BK (which it probably was), but Capital One didn't actually take a loss on it.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.