Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI with Low Utilization

tag
GrainFan
New Contributor

Apple Card CLI with Low Utilization

Hi all, 

I have had the Apple Card for 3 months with a $6k SL, and I've tried requesting a CLI but was rejected. I've seen others getting CLIs at 3 months, so I was confused. However, I have very low utilization (less than 10%, average 4-5%) and I PIF. Is it still possible to get a CLI, or would I need to spend more? Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apple Card CLI with Low Utilization

Hi @GrainFan and welcome to the forums.

We need a little more information to provide some guidance on your situation.  Just keep in mind that not everyone may qualify for a CLI at 90 days, it's not guaranteed.

What is the current CL on the Apple Card?  How much usage are you putting on it monthly?  What was the reason that GS denied your last CLI request?  What are your current FICO scores?

Message 2 of 5
GrainFan
New Contributor

Yes, I've already applied for a CLI at 90 days and didn't get it, but I was wondering for the 6 month mark. The current CL is still $6k, and I'm spending <$300/month. Transunion FICO 9 is 733 from the CLI declined email. Do I need to increase my spending for a better shot at CLI?

Message 3 of 5
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@GrainFan wrote:

Yes, I've already applied for a CLI at 90 days and didn't get it, but I was wondering for the 6 month mark. The current CL is still $6k, and I'm spending <$300/month. Transunion FICO 9 is 733 from the CLI declined email. Do I need to increase my spending for a better shot at CLI?

I don't actually have the card or even have any apple products or the app--but have read plenty on here about it b/c I'm considering getting it just to see how high I can grow it. With that said they do appear to like seeing lots of spend--maybe at least a grand or two every month to start.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't always get the increase on day 90, I recommend to try between the 90th and 100th day.

Even this dp is supported by many posts in the Apple card subreddit.

Goodluck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.