Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Frustrated

tag
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

Apple Card Frustrated

I know there has been a lot of people having the same issues with verifying identity when applying. It's been like that for six times in a row, lol. I want the card, and I finally have gotten away from an immediate no to this, but how in the world do I get past them saying they can't verify my identity? Anyone have any ideas for success stories? Thanks. 

DC (5/25/2021)
Current: EQ8 684 EQ9 669
Current: EX8 698 EX9 696
Current: TU8 718 TU9 724
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Frustrated

Congratulations on at least getting past the automatic no. I've seen multiple people have this very issue when applying. Some have found some success by calling into Apple Card Support/Goldman Sachs customer service. They have been able to speak with a represenative about the issue and how to submit the verification needed. Usually the issue starts because something on the credit report doesn't match the info on the Driver's license info they have access to such as the name or address. Apple Card Support's phone number is: 1-877-255-5923 . Best wishes to you with the completion and approval of your application! 

Message 2 of 22
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

One other DP: Long before I opened the Apple Card, I used the verify identify button (I think it was a button; quite a while ago) for the Apple Cash card and uploaded my credentials, which were approved. When I later applied for the Apple Card, I was not asked to verify my identity again.

You could try poking around in the Wallet app and see if you have option to verify your identity for the Cash card…

Message 3 of 22
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I am going to give it another shot...maybe see what I can find, what yall recommended.  The phone is NO help...or hasn't been.  Maybe try the cart trick?

DC (5/25/2021)
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 4 of 22
RonelTheGeek

I know what worked for me back then is, I had to unfreeze all 3 CB's before the driver license upload was accepted . Not sure if you have any CB's frozed or locked 

Message 5 of 22
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@wxman2021 wrote:

Thank you everyone!  I am going to give it another shot...maybe see what I can find, what yall recommended.  The phone is NO help...or hasn't been.  Maybe try the cart trick?

Yes I would try that. I was denied every attempt applying directly with a list of reasons why. Tried the SCT instant approval $1,200 SL. No verification needed. Got it without a HP too, but I can't go into details here about that.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 6 of 22
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Have you pulled your secondary reports?

SageSystems LLC is typically a dumpster of inaccurate address files.  

GS might use  Core Logic as well.

Message 7 of 22
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

Thanks again everyone.  I will see what happens on this latest chance...LMAO

DC (5/25/2021)
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 8 of 22
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I have the card and can definitely confirm they use Core Logic. They look at how many bank accounts you applied for as well.

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Have you pulled your secondary reports?

SageSystems LLC is typically a dumpster of inaccurate address files.  

GS might use  Core Logic as well.

Message 9 of 22
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

Whats the address used on your Apple ID?  It needs to match the address on your application. Go to appleid.apple.com and see wgat info us there and make sure its all current. Then apply again.  See if that works.  

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.