cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card... WHY?!?!?!?

tag

Apple Card... WHY?!?!?!?

Update:

I reapplied 12/23/2021 as instructed to do so by Goldman Sachs. Automatically went back into "Review in Progress". Called in and was told to just wait it out and be patient. I honestly forgot about it until I received a notification today to check my application status. I go to the wallet app and it asks me to upload my drivers license. Okay cool, so I try and upload my license, it says it's unable to verify it. I restarted my phone, and bam, it accepted it. Automatically goes back into "Review in Progress". I immediately call. The rep says it's pending and she needs to transfer me. She transfers me to another rep who was nice as well. He says that he needs to put me on hold to finish some stuff up. I agree. About 5 minutes later, the wallet app tells me to login and check my offer as I've been approved. $5000 approval at 21.99%. It was about a month long process but it's finally over! 🙌🏽 

Hey all! I am new to the group, but have been following posts for years now. 

I am trying to get the Apple Card. I use all Apple, and buy alot of Apple, and use Apple Pay for everything. So the card would obviously suit me well. However, I am not getting approved. But not for credit reasons. My application was denied many times due to "Unable to verify youridentity". This was because I had a credit alert for fraud on my Transunion. So I removed it, as it wasn't necessary anyways.

Fast forward to December 6th. I applied on Apples website at checkout. I got "Your applicaton is pending" or something to that effect. I recieved an email to go back in and finish applying, but to add my drivers license photos. So, that is what I did. I sent them in and thought they would either approve or deny, but if they needed anything else from me, they would call, as that is what I have seen alot on these forums. Instead of a call from Goldman Sachs, I get an email "Unable to verify your identity". So, I called and the CSR just said to reapply. I hang up with her, and reapply. Instant denial "we will send the reasons of denial to your email". Okay whatever. I checked the email. "Your application has been denied; Reason: Too many applications that Goldman Sachs could not verify your information. Youre ineligible for the Apple Card at this time". Okay freaking cool I guess. So I said whatever, and forgot about it. Today, 12/15/2021, I get an email. "We have re-evaluated your application, we invite you to reapply within, yes WITHIN, 14 days. Please ensure that nothing on your previous application or credit report has changed". Okay cool. I reapplied. My application immediately went into review. No email or anything. I wait about 8 hours and call. The first CSR couldnt even find the app from today. Then she said that it was Transunion that approved applications and not Goldman Sachs. I asked to speak to the fraud department, and she just asked why. I told her it's been fraud related every other time, why is this time different. She then puts me on hold and talks with her manager. Her manager helped me find my app from today, and then said she needed to transfer me to the department that is reviewing it. I get transferred, and she just tells me that it hasnt rolled over from the last application and no one is reviewing it. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I give up or should I call back and try and get someone else? To me it sounds like verification. I mean why would they ask for my DL if they were just going to deny me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card... WHY?!?!?!?

While this is all playing out, also go here to request your LN consumer disclosure report

https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/consumer

and go here to pull copies of your credit report from all 3 of the major CRAs

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

You could have conflicting information like for example having multiple SSN on your Lexis Nexis report or just outright wrong information, which can cause ID verification issues.  If there is incorrect or conflicting info you can dispute it off.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
collics
Established Contributor

I'm sorry this sounds like a pain. This is the info I found:

How to verify your identity for Apple Card

If you are asked to scan your valid Driver License or State ID when you apply for Apple Card, follow these steps:
1. Scan the front of your Photo ID and tap Continue
2. Scan the back of your Photo ID and tap Continue
To rescan your Photo ID, tap Scan Again.
If your Apple Card application was declined because your identification information couldn't be verified, learn what you can do.

If your application is declined because your identification information couldn't be verified

Make sure your name, address and other information provided on your Apple Card application is correct. If you find inaccurate information, re-enter the information as needed.

If you are asked to verify with an ID, follow these steps:
1. Make sure there is nothing between your device's camera and your ID that could obscure any part of it.
2. Check that the Date of Birth, Last Name, and Address on the ID match the information you entered for your Apple Card application.*
Make sure the ID hasn't expired.

After you complete these steps, submit your application again. If your application is declined again for the same reason, contact Apple Support.

Your credit score won't be impacted if you're declined, or don't accept your offer. Your credit score might be impacted if your application is approved and you accept your offer.

You can apply for Apple Card again, but you might receive the same decision.
If you want to receive a different decision on your application when you apply again, you should review your credit report to see if you have conditions that might result in a declined application and then check for these common errors in your credit report.

*If the information on your ID doesn't match the information you entered for your Apple Card application, try to apply again after you update your ID.

If you need to update your Apple ID, this article may help,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204164

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 3 of 6
Nola4life07
Established Member

The same thing happened to me also. I scanned my ID like 7 times. they denied me twice on they couldn't ID me.

they just told me to reapply and they had my application on ice for 3 1/2 days. I got the text and I had to wait for 6

hours before I could even view it...lol

Message 4 of 6
Trini88
Established Contributor

Sounds like what I went through. Couldn't verify my identity for MONTHS. Same reason "Applied too many times" and "Can't verify identity". First time I applied the wanted me to scan my ID and then I missed the phone call for verification. That's when it went downhill with them. 
I ended up getting a new ID in September plus I stopped applying with them. In November when CK said I had outstanding approval for the Apple Card I said yeah right but still applied 🤣

Went pending, first time no instant denial. Then I got an email to check app. They wanted me to scan my new ID. Did that....then less than an hour later I get another email but this time I was approved.

Only thing I did different was....got a new ID and not apply for their card for 2 months.

Goal Cards:
Message 5 of 6
RonelTheGeek

You will get it eventually. same thing happened to me after applying like 15 times. each time unable to verify idenity , but after my last denial with them i waited 90 days, applied and was approved instantly. i think you will eventually need to cool off between apps. 30days may not be long enough, and while waiting keep the inquries down and try again. 

Also, like others may have said, you can get unable to verify identity for too many apps with them, and if theres any variation in the amount of income your reporting between apps, it can trigger this as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.