Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Crickets

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Application Crickets

So last month on the first I was ready to do some applications. My first one was with Citi for the Custom Cash. Once I went ahead and put it in to spin the wheel of fate it went ahead and landed on denial. I am thinking at this point that I will just wait for the letter to sort it out. Well the thing that is making me confused though is as of today, which is over 30 days, I have got nothing. Basically Citi is giving me crickets. What do I do now?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Application Crickets

Did you check you emails?  They may have sent it electronically.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 11
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

I think I'd call and ask. Tell them what you've told us and ask for A) an explanation, and, B) a letter containing the explanation.

It sounds like you were pretty sure you'd be approved. Are there any DPs you'd like to share that might shed some light on the denial?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would check your spam emails (in the event it was redirected) depending on whether you opted for e-communications when you applied. If you had been approved, you would've gotten the card by now.  You can always check the status line and perhaps an agent can resend the delined letter to you.

Message 4 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

The problem is that I was not asked which communication I was to receive. I am an existing cardholder so they could have put it in the messages and I would be happy. Email is checked religiously too. I checked everywhere I know. As for the calling them that is out of the question as the regulation is I get a letter in 30 days or an invitation to contact them in 60 days. The later timer will expire around Dec 1 and I need the invitation from them.

I also have an idea on why a denial might occur but it really should not have. No profile info will be shared before I get the contact from Citi.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

The problem is that I was not asked which communication I was to receive. I am an existing cardholder so they could have put it in the messages and I would be happy. Email is checked religiously too. I checked everywhere I know. As for the calling them that is out of the question as the regulation is I get a letter in 30 days or an invitation to contact them in 60 days. The later timer will expire around Dec 1 and I need the invitation from them.

I also have an idea on why a denial might occur but it really should not have. No profile info will be shared before I get the contact from Citi.

I'm not entirely sure what "regulation" your referring to regarding them contacting you or inviting to contact.  Suffice to say, you want something from them, they don't want something from you so if calling them is out of the question and your not going to consider a letter to you was either accidentally not sent, lost in the mail or not existent...well then I'm not entirely sure what you expect to happen?

If you're not going to use the phone to call them and inquire, regardless of some letter/invitation...I see no point in going any further...give up and move on

Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@zerofire wrote:

What does that even mean? 

If you aren't willing to share details then maybe start threads only/if  you're willing to participate in an interactive process.  

No one who posted in this thread did it because they had a question, they posted to help you.  

I cannot even imagine why anyone would want to type in this thread after that statement. 

Message 7 of 11
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

You will either need to call or just accept the fact you were denied and move on. Really what you should have done if you wanted the card was come here and check for the "back door" numbers and see if there was a reconsideration line and try that.

3/3/24
Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@zerofire wrote:

As echoed upthread, it sounds like you're a bit confused as to how things work with Citi and any compliance with regulation as far as a notice of adverse action (i.e. denial letter).

We'll start with the fact that regardless whether you're an existing customer, any correspondence associated with being declined is typically sent via USPS unless there was an option where you could receive it electronically. If you input the wrong email address, it's not Citi's problem. If a letter was sent (unless you have informed delivery) then it's really up to you to follow-through in the event the mail was misderected or lost. Citi doesn't have a magic 8-ball.

Since you were denied, you typically have up to 30 days (not more) to determine the next steps for a re-review of the application. Citi can usually archive applications for up to ~90 days (give or take), but anything after 30-days will need to be re-evaluated with another HP -- no exceptions. So, no, you won't get a Hallmark card or "invitation from them".

As I stated further upthread, you could have reached out to them so they could have re-generated the letter. You chose not to do so and that leverage is gone (if you had one). So, at this point, it sounds like crickets will be your friends 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 9 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Weren't you just denied for unverifiable referrences? What happened with that?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.