cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for U.S. Bank Altitude Connect...

tag
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

Applied for U.S. Bank Altitude Connect...

I haven't seen someone apply (nor get aproved) for the Altitute Connect from U.S. Bank in a bit, but due to the SUB and the TSA pre-check credit, I went for it today.  

They pulled TransUnion immediately.  My score on the U.S. Bank app was 815 on TransUnion, dropped 4 points immediately to 811.

I have the Cash+ at $14900 (got in January 2020, I believe, 'cause in February 2022 the inquiry fell off) and the Altitude Go at $15k (August 2021).  My Cash+ (originally the platinum, product changed in August 2021 after getting Altitude Go) was instant.  I got the wait letter on the Altitude Go, but was approved three days later.

On the Altitude Connect, I got the wait letter, too:

"Thank you for applying for the Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card.

Give us some time to review your application. We may contact you to verify your info or request documents. You'll certainly hear from us when we've reached a decision, which usually takes 7-10 business days.
We appreciate your patience. Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank."

I applied in the app on the phone, hoping that would be quicker/better/an advantage.  But, nope, same wait.

Now, we wait and see.  I'll keep you posted.

13 REPLIES 13
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for U.S. Bank Altitude Connect...

Good luck to you. I was approved a little over a month ago. No relationship with them and got 5k sl. Since moved checking to them too. Been a rocky road to say the least with them. But will give them the benefit of doubt at the moment. Hope you get an approval. I hear they are more about relationship and you have that.

Message 2 of 14
Janneman
Established Contributor

@portlandmusician 

I got the same kinda message when I applied for this card 3 months ago. Then after 10-12 days later I got a physical mail wherein I was asked to submit tons of documents, like tax returns, W-2s for 2 yrs, social security statements and all that...and they want me to call their application process number to verify identity wherein I was asked a few questions about myself from public record.

One of my friends also received the same message and a few days later a physical letter asking him to call their application processing department but no document was asked.

One more friend got the same msg when he applied, but within two days later he got an approval msg thru email.

We were all got approved after answering them all the questions over the phone and after submitting what they asked for.

It is my opinion that lately US bank hardly do instant approval, only lately that is what I was told by their fraud dept/Application Processing dept., because of too much of online fraud. They just wanna verify you over the phone by asking some questions. That's all. Given your score and history with them, I doubt they would deny you. Hope this might give you an idea what could happen.

Message 3 of 14
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@Traveler101 I hope I get it, too.  Here we are, Friday, stil no answer.  Do I wait?  Do I call?  Ha... the anxiety of it all.  Waiting is the hardest part.  I hpoe I get it, too!  Glad you got approved!  Congrats.

Message 4 of 14
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@Janneman Thanks for sharing!  Nervous... I mean, they were great with my Platinum/Cash+ and my Altitude Go.  Would love the Connect.  We shall see... fingers crossed!  But, I'm glad you three all got approved after different wait periods/requests.  I'm hoping they just need to identify me, though I did it logged into my account, via the app.  I guess I wait and see.  I"ve been anxious and wanted to call, but won't.

Message 5 of 14
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@portlandmusician wrote:

@Janneman Thanks for sharing!  Nervous... I mean, they were great with my Platinum/Cash+ and my Altitude Go.  Would love the Connect.  We shall see... fingers crossed!  But, I'm glad you three all got approved after different wait periods/requests.  I'm hoping they just need to identify me, though I did it logged into my account, via the app.  I guess I wait and see.  I"ve been anxious and wanted to call, but won't.

This bank is temperamental to say the least. When I applied it was an ip Addy issue. I found that out by calling in. It hurts nothing for you to call and ask if there is anything they may need as a decision had not yet been made. I can not say that's what you are dealing with. But this bank is one of a kind from what I have seen thus far. I finally got my direct deposit done after 3 weeks of go around. Holds on my paycheck. But many of my kinks have been sorted out mostly so far. Good luck to you. Your relationship with them should account for something. I am watching what happens with you.

Message 6 of 14
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@Traveler101 Well, I called.  And I got this message: "Your application was unable to be approved. You'll be receiving additional documentation within 7-10 business days."

So, I believe I got a denial. Not sure why yet...

Message 7 of 14
Traveler101
Established Contributor

That's what I had gotten when I applied. Sorry to hear that. Mine was an ip issue a d fixed. This is one funky bank. It's like the Flintstones. With all the data that's accessible through different reports it's unclear to me why they make some decisions they do. They put 10 day business holds on my paychecks. Their reasons were that they had information that leads them to believe the check would not  be paid. I work for an international trucking company that is one of the largest in the world. I showed them the letter and they just shook their heads. I now have the dd set up and waiting for the next disaster. Hopefully in your case it is an issue that can be fixed and that it's a problem on their end. Hard to say until you get your letter. There are plenty of lenders out here. Ones that value a customer and service to back it up.

Message 8 of 14
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

Well, I finally got my letter last night.  They were unable to verify my identity.  So, after spending 45 minutes on hold with Customer Authentication Department, I verified my identity, and now its at underwriting.  I should know in 24-48 hours.  We shall see.  Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

Message 9 of 14
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Best wishes!  Fingers crossed for ya!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.