cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to get a recon from US Bank?

tag
g8tor89

Is it worth it to get a recon from US Bank?

I recently got approved for the State Farm card from US bank for a nice little 3% back on my car insurance bill with a CL of $9500.  But then I noticed their cash+ card with utlities and streaming services as an option for 5%, I decided to go for that too since anything to help with utilities would be awesome and I cord cut not too long ago and switched to Hulu TV.  So that would be $400+ every month to get 5% back on.

Got the denial today for the cash+ card because "you already have the maximum amount of unsecured credit we are willing to extend"

Would it be worth it to call and ask if I could be reconsidered if we could move say $2000 from the State Farm card over to the Cash+ card?  I don't need anywhere close to $9500, just enough to pay my car insurance on the state farm card and get that 3% (less than 100/month)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is it worth it to get a recon from US Bank?

@g8tor89 wrote:

I recently got approved for the State Farm card from US bank for a nice little 3% back on my car insurance bill with a CL of $9500.  But then I noticed their cash+ card with utlities and streaming services as an option for 5%, I decided to go for that too since anything to help with utilities would be awesome and I cord cut not too long ago and switched to Hulu TV.  So that would be $400+ every month to get 5% back on.

Got the denial today for the cash+ card because "you already have the maximum amount of unsecured credit we are willing to extend"

Would it be worth it to call and ask if I could be reconsidered if we could move say $2000 from the State Farm card over to the Cash+ card?  I don't need anywhere close to $9500, just enough to pay my car insurance on the state farm card and get that 3% (less than 100/month)

Hi @g8tor89 , Sorry for your denial.

US Bank will NOT re-allocate from the State Farm card.

You can call and ask for re-consideration,

however , You can probably count on another HP and possibly be denied again.

One other option,  (for cash back) is to consider the Cash+ secure card?

I believe it will unsecure after a period of time.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/credit-building-credit-cards.html

Just a thought!

edited many times for lack of sleep

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

US Bank does not allow credit line reallocations. 

In time, they might be willing to extend extra credit. 

You can always call for reconsideration, there will be another HP, but with that denial reason, I would not hold my breath 

Message 3 of 4
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@g8tor89 wrote:

Hi @g8tor89 , Sorry for your denial.

US Bank will NOT re-allocate from the State Farm card.

You can call and ask for re-consideration,

however , You can probably count on another HP and possibly be denied again.

One other option,  (for cash back) is to consider the Cash+ secure card?

I believe it will unsecure after a period of time.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/credit-building-credit-cards.html

Just a thought!

edited many times for lack of sleep

@g8tor89 just to add to @M_Smart007  info. One thing to keep in mind with US Bank and their secured cards, it's usually takes another hard inquiry when you are ready for the card to graduate to an unsecured card. The card graduating to unsecured doesnt happen automatically, you have to make the request. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.