Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Approval - DENIED!

Congratulations on your approval! No need to accept something you don't need. 👍

Message 191 of 205
Hut1
Established Contributor

Maybe my post is coming off wrong? My reasons for apping was to check if my credit has recovered enough to start getting approvals again and this is the only card I knew of that would give me a legitimate offer with a SP to my credit.  

I only shared for the DP's, so hope it doesn't come off as braggy.  

I shop online and use apply pay pretty often so the card would've been useful if they'd given a better offer. 

I appreciate the encouragement from everyone. I've come a long ways from my overzealous credit seeking self. 😊

download

Message 192 of 205
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Hut1 wrote:

My reasons for apping was to check if my credit has recovered enough to start getting approvals again and this is the only card I knew of that would give me a legitimate offer with a SP to my credit.  

Congrats on your preapproval and yes, that is a good way to check for that as long as you don't get tempted and proceed to the next step!  Lol Smiley Tongue 

If you want more verification, I know of two other banks that give a pretty firm preapproval to include your credit limit and/or APR with only a soft pull.  Regions bank and BBVA.  See links below.

https://apply.regions.com/creditcards/gettingstarted

https://online.bbvausa.com/apply/credit-card-prequal?source=sba&oneTimeToken=SSOls/5v/LlXLNcqyXmBy75...Smiley Surprised

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 193 of 205
nash2vic
Valued Member

I got preapproval for $7500 and 17.99% APR and declined it.

Now cannot get even that. Why didn't I accept it?.. ((

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: EX FAKO 799 (Credit.com), TU FICO (Discover) 757 (4/19/14), TU MYFICO 738, EQ ?
Goal Score: 800

Amazon 3500 - PayPal Credit 6000 - Discover IT 9000 - AMEX TE 2000 - AMEX BCE 2000 - CITI TY 6000 - CITI Simplicity - 5900 - Chase Freedom 5800 - Chase Amazon 1700 - Macys 1000 - Cap 1 4000 - CITI Shell 1200 - Chase INK 2000 - CSP 10800 - BofA Cash 5000
Message 194 of 205
Hut1
Established Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Hut1 wrote:

My reasons for apping was to check if my credit has recovered enough to start getting approvals again and this is the only card I knew of that would give me a legitimate offer with a SP to my credit.  

Congrats on your preapproval and yes, that is a good way to check for that as long as you don't get tempted and proceed to the next step!  Lol Smiley Tongue 

If you want more verification, I know of two other banks that give a pretty firm preapproval to include your credit limit and/or APR with only a soft pull.  Regions bank and BBVA.  See links below.

https://apply.regions.com/creditcards/gettingstarted

https://online.bbvausa.com/apply/credit-card-prequal?source=sba&oneTimeToken=SSOls/5v/LlXLNcqyXmBy75...Smiley Surprised

Oooo.. Muchas Gracias, sir! 😊

download

Message 195 of 205
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@nash2vic wrote:

Bummer.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 196 of 205
FidelCashflow
Valued Member

@nash2vic wrote:

How long ago did this happen ? I did the same thing, pre-approved over the weekend, I closed the app. I came back a couple days later and the same offer was still there. Maybe once you decline it won't offer for another 30 days ?

Starting Score: EX: 625 | EQ: 690| TU: 674
Current Score: EX: 733 | EQ: 692 | TU: 735
Goal Score: EX: 700 | EQ: 725 | TU: 715

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Target Red Card: CL $2300Quick Silver: CL $7500Venture: CL $16800Nordstrom Visa: CL $5000Amex Gold: CL ????Amex Bonvoy: CL $3100NFCU cashRewards: CL $3000Neimans: CL $2000Delta Platinum: CL $1700Platinum Card: CL ???Apple Card: CL $5500
Message 197 of 205
Oops_I_Did_It_Again
Regular Contributor

Apple Card approved $1K, thanks but no thanks...

I was interested in finding out what what Goldman Sach's might have to offer for a soft-pull. 

I went so far as to buy a new/used iPhone (6 s) because I only had a 5s, which doesn't support Wallet as required for an Apple Card.

After setting up the new phone, feeling fired up to see how things would turn out, I went into wallet and completed the application.  It asked me to take a picture of my driver's liscence front and back, which worked like a charm, the third time.  Then I got a message that the application was 'under review' and I would be notified of the result.  This was quite vague, and never having mastered the virtue of patience, I Googled for a number to inquire about status...

Found a number 877-255-5923.  After about an hour on hold, reached a CSR, then got cut off.  Called back, got through pretty quickly and the representative said they just needed to do a 2 factor ID (sending text code to my phone).  I went along with that and provided the code.  Then told that I'd get the final word within 24 hours.

I think the very non-smooth application process may be explained by switch of SIM card to new phone recently and/or my set up information being 7 years old on the 5s with a different mailing address.  Just guessing on that.

After hanging up I think I saw a message flash that I had been approved for an Apple Card.  It didn't seem to save any traces in Messages, so I began to question my sanity at that point.  Checked my email, nothing there.  So I went back into Wallet and tried to 'continue application'.  At this point, about 2 hours in to the application process, I saw that I had been approved for $1,000 SL with 15.99% APR.  The APRs not bad, but $1,000?

My take is that Goldman Sachs must be weighting income very heavily here.  I reported my gross take-home pay only, which is about average salary for the US, and not bad in my area, where the cost of living is relatively low.  My DTI (gross) is only about 23% including the rent.  The interest rate seems to reflect my good credit history, the SL my modest salary.  My profile is pretty young, that might be a factor also, but I think it's just that I make under 40K.  The application didn't ask for my monthly housing costs, which is odd.

I decided to call them just to see if there was a chance of improving the $1K SL.  Reached another CSR who was very nice.  She said that it would be possible, if  I accepted the offer, to try for a CLI, with no guarentee of any sucess.  I asked about whether declining the offer would prevent me from applying at a later time and she indicated no, I could re-apply any time I wanted.

That would commit me to accepting the offer, taking an HP, and probably getting no-where and having to wait several months, slowly build out of the toy limit.  Wholly unappealing propect, so I declined the offer.

At least I have an upgraded iPhone.  Bigger screen.  Nice.

Credit Profile (FEB 2024)
F8 EX 767 EQ 770, TU 773, F8 BC EX 784, EQ BC 789, F9 EX 777
TCL: $124,200, reporting available: $120,995
cc utilization: 3%, auto loan: $5,456/$6850
AoOA 5Y 9M, AAoA 3Y 3M, AoYA 7M
new cc accounts 3/24, 2/12, 0/6, 0/3, INQs 12 months EX 2, EQ 1, TU 1

Personal Cards (15)
Chase/Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom Unlimited, Bank of America CCR, American Express BCP+CM, GS Apple Card (MC)
PenFed PC Rewards, Citibank DoubleCash, Discover IT + BT, Regions Cash Rewards, Wells Fargo AC, CapOne QS, Synchrony PPMC +
Closed (1): Synchony Amazon Prime

Business Cards (1)
American Express BBC
Message 198 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card approved $1K, thanks but no thanks...

Congrats on your new phone and approval nonetheless!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 199 of 205
cmoe
Valued Member

Apple card pre-approval but declined offer

I have been trying to get Apple credit card for months, but I was always being denied even as recently as last week for being recently past due; even though my last past due was 4 years ago. Yesterday I decided to try again when I was checking out some apple products totaling over $2300 on Apple online store. I was surprised to be approved, but at the same time disappointed at the $2100 SL I was approved for. They wanted me to max out the card and then pay the remaining balance with another payment method. I decided to decline the offer and make the entire payment with my AMEX instead. The card would have the lowest limit card in my wallet. I may try again in the future, but that SL is not worth a HP.

For folks trying to get the card and have recently been denied, you may try going through the Apple online store and try checking out some products and see it works for you. 

Message 200 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.