cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card but should I wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Apple Card but should I wait?

Hey All,

Last week I applied for the Apple Card since they only do a hard pull if you accept, and was denied. Today I decided to use the shopping cart trick and was approved for $2000! I haven't accepted it yet, it said the offer would be in my wallet app for the next 30 days if I do want to accept. What I'm wondering is if I should wait until January when I can get an EE on TU for the CO on my report(my only delinquent account) so I can get a higher SL. Or should I accept the offer and request a CLI in a few months? 

Another thing to consider, I want to apply for the chase freedom flex or the chase Amazon card in the nearish future when my scores (hopefully) improve and don't want to spook them with new credit seeking behavior. I'm 0/24 and have 0 hard inquiries. 

DP: Apple pulled my FICO 9 TU which was 744, but listed recent delinquency as the reason for denial. My last late payment was about 4 years ago. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Apple Card but should I wait?

Congratulations on your pre-approval!

Maybe wait?
Message 2 of 28
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Wait it out! Apple Card will always be there. What current cards do you have? Any cards you want? Any particular reason for apple card?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, I would wait for the EE on TU.

Also what card do you place more value on having?

What card would best fit your spend?

Personally I would go for the Chase card, you can always get the Apple card.

This is ALL JMHO. Take in what advice others have to offer up.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 yeah, I think I might wait it out. I currently have Discover it and Care Credit. I'd really like to have the Chase freedom flex and the chase Amazon card, since they fit my spend. I was really only looking at Apple to have more positive trade lines on my report for my rebuild, plus I do use Apple and could use Apple  pay for 3% on certain purchases. I recently found out you could see their approval/denial and SL offer for a soft pull and about the shopping cart trick and thought why not, I'd give it a go. But the chase cards are the cards I actually would like. 

Message 5 of 28
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Go for the cards that you really want! I would wait til last baddie is gone and then app for Chase Amazon then get freedom in about 6 months.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26  the thing is, the CO won't fall off my EQ and EX report until early 2023, it's just kind of an anomaly that it's falling off TU in 2021. I have thought about going into a chase branch and asking about any prequals. I'm afraid of apping for them then getting denied due to my CO!

Message 7 of 28
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous You still have really good odds with chase 0/24 with accounts and inqs. I would honestly pull the trigger on either amazon or freedom and then give it 6 months and then pull the trigger for the other Chase uses their own internal score also

Message 8 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I thought the shopping cart trick was a hard pull while apping from wallet was soft?

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I didn't know they had their own version of a SCT. I cold-apped on the iPhone, and got a $500 SL. It's kind of a wash: happy that I got approved, but disappointed in the SL. Oh well, it's still a cool card to throw around when you're out shopping or with friends. I agree with others here, that you should try Chase and hold-off on the Apple Card; especially if you're close to 5/24. CSP 80K SUB offer ends 11/7. If you're #TeamPoints (instead of #TeamCashBack), the value of CSP points can be worth up to 1.25 with transfer partners. Either way we look forward to your updated post on Apple Card or a Chase product.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.